MZ-NH1

Rate this topic

danielbb90

Ok...

I've been having this problem for a bit now...

Simpaly sometimes it reads discs and some times it dosn't... There is no patten

It wanted to format one of my 1G's, but yet about 3minuets later it worked?

It really dosn't make any sence... :huh:

Does anyone know why its dooing this, and can it be solved? :unsure:

Thanks,

~ Danny

Optical devices don't work like cassette magnetic heads - there's no friction between pickup and medium. As long as you're not a heavy smoker or spill some fluid over it, it shouldn't get dirty by itself. Dust can be blown away.

Have you used any not-fully-cleaned MDs with it? I can't remember if it was you or someone else who said that grape juice/soda was spilled on some discs.

Hey danielbb90, I had a problem with my NH1 playing back, and recording discs properly. Does your deck still record OK? First I had playback problems (moments of silence...disc spins, but the counter doesn't move or it would move slowly), then the recording problems started (tracks saved with skips and moments of silence, or not at all).

The solution? Sony repair. Apparently the optical unit stopped working correctly, so it was replaced when I sent the deck in for service. The part was replaced, the unit was tested, and then it was shipped back to me. Now almost all the playback problems are gone, and recording works too, but after all this happened I don't trust the machine 100% (for recording, anyway). Now I mostly used that deck for playback.

So, find out about sending your NH1 for repair...it'll probably cost a few dollars, but it might be worth it...especially since the NH1 is now a discontinued model.

Have you used any not-fully-cleaned MDs with it? I can't remember if it was you or someone else who said that grape juice/soda was spilled on some discs.

Ha, I forgot about that <_<

I wasn't the one who spilt the Grape POP It was my dad...

I don't know what ones that were spillet on, maby thats the reason... Thanks

:ok:

Edited by danielbb90

Ha, I forgot about that <_<

I wasn't the one who spilt the Grape POP It was my dad...

I don't know what ones that were spillet on, maby thats the reason... Thanks

:ok:

hey ..lol ..how can you forget such a incident that happened with your NH1 :lol::lol::P