Anyone from the UK purchased an Onkyo Hi-MD deck?

Rate this topic

watcher666

Hi

Just wondered if anyone from the UK has ever purchased one of the Onkyo Hi-MD decks from Audiocubes?

Im thinking of getting one, but am not sure on the voltage etc and will it just hook straight up to my CD and AMP to replace my JB940?

Thanks!

PS i havent been on here in ages as i strayed to the dark side (ipod). but im back in the light now! :P

Hi

Just wondered if anyone from the UK has ever purchased one of the Onkyo Hi-MD decks from Audiocubes?

Im thinking of getting one, but am not sure on the voltage etc and will it just hook straight up to my CD and AMP to replace my JB940?

Thanks!

PS i havent been on here in ages as i strayed to the dark side (ipod). but im back in the light now! :P

You should have no problems with the actual connections to other components, you will need a step-down voltage transformer though as the input voltage is 100V on all the Onkyo products and the voltage in the UK is 240V. If you want I can check the exact connections on these decks by looking at the manuals.

Hi

Theres nothing wrong with my JB940, its around 6 years old and is IMMACULATE! I love it, but it doesnt play Hi-MD. I use MD as replacement for CD's, I'll buy a CD album record it to MD and then put the CD in the attic. So i have a portable Hi-MD unit and want to be able to use simple burner but that only works in LP2. So i will have to use Hi-SP and want them to be playable through my home hi-fi setup. hence my need for a Hi-MD deck!

You should have no problems with the actual connections to other components, you will need a step-down voltage transformer though as the input voltage is 100V on all the Onkyo products and the voltage in the UK is 240V. If you want I can check the exact connections on these decks by looking at the manuals.

Thankyou, that would be very helpful! :rolleyes:

I bought the MD-105FX from Audiocubes and it works great. The shipping from Japan to the centre of Canada was quick too (less than a week). Also, if you don't live in Japan, they throw in the appropriate voltage converter for your country at no additional cost.

Im thinking of getting one, but am not sure on the voltage etc