NET MD MZ-10

Rate this topic

As a singer I have been using my MD frequently.

Last week I connected my Md to my PC for the first time with the USB cable.

However as I did not read the label (saying: 'First download software before connecting') on the USB cable I connected the MD without having downloaded the required software from Sony.

Although I downloaded teh software after the connection, ever since I disconected my MD, it has not been working.

The display shows PC->->MD and no buttons are working.

Does anyone know how to solve this problem? Your help is greatly appreciated!!

If I would have just opened my eyes before connecting that cable....and read teh label!!

have you tried removing the battery from the recorder, waiting a minute or two and then reconnecting?

NET MD MZ-10? Do you mean MZ-N10? If so, then the battery is an internal lithium ion, no?

No clue. But, I have read that replacing its internal battery isn't easy (as compared to say, changing a gumstick or a removeable Li-ion).

• 10 months later...

HI,

I started to experience the same problem with yours on my NZ-N10 player. Were you able to resolve this issue? Please let me know what the cause is and if you know of any solution.

Thanks a lot!

YB

However as I did not read the label (saying: 'First download software before connecting') on the USB cable I connected the MD without having downloaded the required software from Sony.

Although I downloaded teh software after the connection, ever since I disconected my MD, it has not been working.

If I would have just opened my eyes before connecting that cable....and read teh label!!

Turn the unit on , with a disc in it and leave it on till the battery goes completly dead, then turn it on again reaoeatedly til it will not turn on anymore (Complelty Dead Battery) let it sit for awhile take the disc out , charge it back up , put a different disc in it. Try it ad see if it helps.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having the same issue.

I've tried 4 machines and none of them will detect my player at any level, (device manager, drives management, with/without sonicstage installed)

The weird thing, When I place the unit in the docking station and the USB cable plugged in the unit will play, when I unplug the usb cable from either end (pc or dock) the pc->->MD messages comes up and I need to turn the internal battery off/on to get any further response.

I really want to use this device with my pc to transfer music etc.

anyone help?

Pat.

Have you tried completely uninstalling sonicstage, then reinstalling BEFORE you connect the MD via USB?

On all machines I actually installed sonicstage before I connected the MD.

But I think the problem is more to do with the device because the OP, like myself, is getting the PC->MD message when the device is not connected via USB, but when the USB plug is connected to the PC then I can use the device.