DIY USB Charger

Rate this topic

i have that exact one, i bought it from lady ada & put two of them together in about an hour. nice little device, works very well if you put the extra resistor in as noted on the make site linked in that article.

• 2 weeks later...

so sorry for the long time between replies, i totally forgot to take the pic >_<

anyway, here it is:

IPB Image

its 2 X 2 AA battery holders hooked directly up to the usb cable. the battery holders are in series, thus giving the 5 volts needed (it will be 6 or more with regular AA batteries, but because i use rechargeable, it works just fine. if you want to regulate it to 5 volts, i suggest you get a 5 volt regulator (can get them for like 25 cents each)

sorry for the terrible quality, need more pics? dont hesitate to ask :)

heres something else i been working on lately. its an MD holder made out of that kids toy, K'NEX. it works quite well for building things like these.

IPB Image

IPB Image

iv only got 6 MD's, 1 is actually dead but i hold on to it because i don't want to throw it away :P (hoping to get some more soon though)

Edited by brian10161