Creating a MP3 CD

Rate this topic

ShriDurga

A friend has asked me to upload 7 one-hour lectures from legacy MD, which I have done. They currently exist on the desktop as a folder of 7 wav files, and in SS as 7 OpenMG Audio (PCM) files. So far, so good.

My friend also wants me to create one CDR of seven MP3 files. I opened Sonic Stage 4.3.01.1, Transfer menu, Create MP3 CD, but files cannot be selected to be transferred.

Having never created a CD with SS, I looked in SS Help and found this very useful piece of information:

Depending on your operating environment, you may not be able to create a CD.

Must I reformat these files as ATRAC in order to make an MP3 CD? In the Convert File Format dialog box I'm given the choice to convert to ATRAC3 or ATRAC3 Plus. Will either do for creating an MP3 CD?

A friend has asked me to upload 7 one-hour lectures from legacy MD, which I have done. They currently exist on the desktop as a folder of 7 wav files, and in SS as 7 OpenMG Audio (PCM) files. So far, so good.

My friend also wants me to create one CDR of seven MP3 files. I opened Sonic Stage 4.3.01.1, Transfer menu, Create MP3 CD, but files cannot be selected to be transferred.

Having never created a CD with SS, I looked in SS Help and found this very useful piece of information:

Depending on your operating environment, you may not be able to create a CD.

Must I reformat these files as ATRAC in order to make an MP3 CD? In the Convert File Format dialog box I'm given the choice to convert to ATRAC3 or ATRAC3 Plus. Will either do for creating an MP3 CD?

I'm not sure whether SoS has a MP3 encoder built-in. If not, you have to convert the WAV files (right?) to MP3 with another program. like lame in foobar or something. And THEN import it to SoS's library and you should be able to create a MP3 CD. Please inform yourself if your friend's CD reading program/standalone CD player accepts all aspects of the MP3 standard, you might want to make VBR MP3s which are generally better.