Sonicstage to CD - how to / what am I missing?

Rate this topic

I transferred some stuff from my MZ-M200 to a friend's laptop that I set up w/Sonicstage, and want to make a CD of it, but don't see any way of doing it even tho I get the drop bar with MP3 and two other options on the SS page, which don't activate when I hit on them. What is the proper and best sounding process? Do I first need to transfer the music from SS to his windows playlist page?

If you select "Create an Audio CD" from that righthand dropdown, you should get a (right) pane ready to add tracks from the (left) library. Then you have to use the red arrow to select which ones you want to burn. You won't be able to do that until you put a CD into the drive (the RED arrow will remain grey).

Not sure why you cannot select the "Create an Audio CD" option. I assume the laptop has a CD burner?

Have you or the laptop manufacturer installed some fancy CD-burning software perhaps? Eg roxio cd creator?

There has to be some layer that is quite close to the hardware called Px-Engine, and different versions of it may conflict something horrid.

We're getting out of my depth here, but it sounds like something like that is not working.

Try some basic things

1. Can you PLAY a music CD?

2. Can you burn a music CD using other software already installed?

3. Can you import music into Sonic Stage from a CD?

Now it gets more complicated. You might want to review every option you can find under the Tools->Options menu of Sonic Stage, particularly all those that mention CD in any way.

What about Nero? Do you run that? It will do a drive check. I thought maybe SS did one but I cannot see it presently.

Have you installed CD-burning software, perhaps Eg roxio cd creator?

There has to be some layer close to the Px-Engine, versions of it may conflict.

Try some basic things... You might want to review every option under the Tools->Options menu of Sonic Stage, particularly all those that mention CD in any way.

What about Nero? Do you run that? It will do a drive check.

I'll check all that out, asap. Roxio was/is planned... Thanx for Nero.