sony net mz-n510

Rate this topic

fourbanks

Hi :)

I wonder if anyone can help in that i have been told by Sony technical that i cant transfer to my computer music that i have on 18 years of recorded mini disc's i guess they will all have to go down the tip at some point ?

i have sonic stage installed and the 64 bit driver for windows 7 and all i get is a message that the transferring of the disc's is not possible as they were recorded on another mini disc recorder player ?

they were they were recorded on my main Sony mini disc recorder in my hi fi tower

Is there any work around at this time ?

thanks

Sorry to say; you and anyone else has NEVER been able to transfer all your songs FROM NetMD (ie downloaded from PC in first place) to a computer, using USB or any other high speed means.

If you recorded them with a microphone or through analog or through optical in, then they can be uploaded using the amazing MZ-RH1 (sometimes known as MZ-M200), which you will have to beg borrow steal or (most likely) buy.

If you have a deck you can play them back into your computer from the optical out, avoiding the line noise. This means you get to listen to every note at least once - surely this is a Good Thing?

If you are seeking to make copies of stuff that was copied TO minidisc, this is simply not possible. Sony made very sure of that.

If you have a deck you can play them back into your computer from the optical out, avoiding the line noise. This means you get to listen to every note at least once - surely this is a Good Thing?

i am not sure i get your meaning my computer does not have a optical in and the mini disc is a optical in only ?

That is indeed correct my computer does not have any optical inputs or outputs

sony say that i could use alternative software but are not allowed to say ? does anyone here know what other software they were meaning ?

or i have to purchase just a md recorder only it was only the net md mini discs players that were affected by not being able to transfer music to a computer with sonic stage

many thanks i will give that a try :)

well i have downloaded this file but it cant find the MD library files for some reason i also installed your sonic stage

is there a guide that i could follow ?

i have looked for these NetMDAPI.DLL and NetMUSB.DLL but they are not to be found on any of the software?

post-126372-0-33892500-1313873075_thumb.

well i have downloaded this file but it cant find the MD library files for some reason i also installed your sonic stage

is there a guide that i could follow ?

i have looked for these NetMDAPI.DLL and NetMUSB.DLL but they are not to be found on any of the software?

Having just downloaded the software again i am now just missing NETDAPI.DLL ONLY does anyone know where this file may be found ?

thanks

Sorry, that particular file will not be found. If you are going to get this lot right you will have to type in the names correctly, both when posting here, and when searching for the files.

They should both be in

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\AVLib

They are copied from the SonicStage installation file Common\OpenMG\Data1.cab

Sorry, that particular file will not be found. If you are going to get this lot right you will have to type in the names correctly, both when posting here, and when searching for the files.

They should both be in

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\AVLib

They are copied from the SonicStage installation file Common\OpenMG\Data1.cab

many thanks i have found them and have recorded from my mini disc player to the desktop. Now do these files need any further work on them ? as they do not have any sound to them i recorded them as in the default pcm .wav and as i say are now on the desk top ?

i still have no sound from these converted files. According to the files they are in all of the file formats as described in the himdrenderer052 softwahere pcm/lame/ ogg/oma on my computer and as i say there is no sound coming from any of them on any of my media players players winamp .sonic stage/ windows media/ quick time/i tunes/ vlc running on windows 7 64bit ultimate

The sound is working on all of my other music files so I'm guessing that i have not completed the process correctly ?

Hopefully someone will be able to help me to get to understand this software better :D

i still have no sound from these converted files. According to the files they are in all of the file formats as described in the himdrenderer052 softwahere pcm/lame/ ogg/oma on my computer and as i say there is no sound coming from any of them on any of my media players players winamp .sonic stage/ windows media/ quick time/i tunes/ vlc running on windows 7 64bit ultimate

The sound is working on all of my other music files so I'm guessing that i have not completed the process correctly ?

Hopefully someone will be able to help me to get to understand this software better :D

you forgot to hook the analog headphone output to the line in on the computer. the transfer is analog. set the eq to off and the volume to 24 on a sony unit. the files will be playable as soon as they are made. the software has a input waveform viewing screen to help set the levels for the computer sound card. while you are transferring the songs you should see the waveform bouncing on the screen if you have is set up right. set the slider level on the program for the biggest waveform that does not clip on the top or bottom or you will get distortion when you play it back.

you forgot to hook the analog headphone output to the line in on the computer. the transfer is analog. set the eq to off and the volume to 24 on a sony unit. the files will be playable as soon as they are made. the software has a input waveform viewing screen to help set the levels for the computer sound card. while you are transferring the songs you should see the waveform bouncing on the screen if you have is set up right. set the slider level on the program for the biggest waveform that does not clip on the top or bottom or you will get distortion when you play it back.

Many thanks that is indeed where i went wrong. :drinks: