MZ-N10

Rate this topic

HoBoy71

I have tried all buttons it won't let me access the menu. It works fine when connected to p.c. stopped the player exit sonic stage removed it from cradle and as soon as I press anything it says it's still connected to PC. Even stop button won't work. 

Ok, this is the model that the battery is wired in?

Does the machine even come on at all when disconnected from USB? I'm not clear from your description. If the answer is that "nothing happens when not connected to USB" (ie nothing on the display), you had better connect the computer end of the charger cable into a straight charger (eg Samsung phone will do). If still no action, you will have to search on here (I can look later but am busy now) and follow the directions of someone who fixed the battery replacement problem. It's not hard, but some electronics experience is required.

35 minutes ago, sfbp said:

Ok, this is the model that the battery is wired in?

Does the machine even come on at all when disconnected from USB? I'm not clear from your description. If the answer is that "nothing happens when not connected to USB" (ie nothing on the display), you had better connect the computer end of the charger cable into a straight charger (eg Samsung phone will do). If still no action, you will have to search on here (I can look later but am busy now) and follow the directions of someone who fixed the battery replacement problem. It's not hard, but some electronics experience is required.

The battery is fine. The display shows o.k I just can't get the unit to come out of PC mode to play discs normally. It works fine records and plays via the laptop on sonic stage 4.3. When I disconnect it stays on PC mode and can't get it to play or access the menu via jog dial. Just keeps flashing PC-md every time I press a button. 

Just now, HoBoy71 said:

The battery is fine. The display shows o.k I just can't get the unit to come out of PC mode to play discs normally. It works fine records and plays via the laptop on sonic stage 4.3. When I disconnect it stays on PC mode and can't get it to play or access the menu via jog dial. Just keeps flashing PC-md every time I press a button. 

It is the wired in battery model but the battery is fine.

You need to plug it into a power source that is not the PC. Then turn it off (remove the disk and wait).

Alternatively try to run the battery down on purpose, now we've established the battery is fine. Disconnect from PC when playing (you said that it will play just fine) and let it discharge.

If that fails to help, you will have to go to service mode. HOWEVER, I suspect you have a hardware problem. Do NOT nuke the NVRAM (911 option) in the device unless you know how to build it up from nothing. This most likely requires gear that most folks don't possess.

The hardware problem might be:
1. failure of the VS circuitry (the USB connector)
2. microswitches
3. something else leading to the signals between PC and NetMD not working. This could even be on your PC. Have you tried another computer?

Bad luck. My condolences on your loss.