Wanted: MZ-NH1 USB Cable

Rate this topic

Vincent Sherry

• 5 months later...

Hi Vincent,

I just inquired with the guy BearBoy mentions regarding an adapter plug that substitutes for the cradle and the original USB cable for

attaching the NH1 to a computer.  His name is Gerry and he now has a website.   https://mdgadgetry.com/  (thanks to BearBoy for
informing the community about this site; see BB's post of July 4, '24)

Did you get one of those adapters by chance.  If so, are you satisfied with it?  

link to the accessory adapter: https://mdgadgetry.com/products/Sony-MZ-N10-Adapter-p675099857  

If you haven't gotten one you might be interested in what I learned from inquiring. 

Here is Gerry's reply to me:

Hi James

Thank you for your email.

The adapter charges via usb-C, it has built in voltage regulator and it will bring voltage from a 5V usb-C to the necessary 6V for this player.  Alternatively,  if you have a 6V wall charger, you can also use it with this adapter as it has charging port for that too.

As far as data transfer goes, it has a switch on it to toggle between charging mode and data transfer mode.

I hope this answers your questions.

Regards,

MDGadgetry

So, 2 input ports and a toggle switch!  With this you wouldn't need the cradle at all, the NH-1 it will be freed from the cradle
for general use; recording and playback powered by the 6V wall plug. 

I hope this is helpful, I plan to order one of these adapters and other accessories and will report my experience and on the items i get.

Best,

-ja

NYC

True, and this didn't go unnoticed.   However, I am relying on an age old bit of wisdom that advises:  One picture is worth a thousand typos and some lost translation between East and West.

My dock replacement Adapter will be shipped out Monday and if it should happen not to fit my MZ-NH1, this forum will be the 2nd to know. 
The 1st will be Gerry. 

As far as the ersatz MiniDisc model goes; if there isn't an NH10, perhaps there should be!   raised-fist_270a-1.png.01aac7e80bf0f405df8db91e57d5d36c.png

True, and this didn't go unnoticed.   However, I am relying on an age old bit of wisdom that advises:  One picture is worth a thousand typos and some lost translation between East and West.

My dock replacement Adapter will be shipped out Monday and if it should happen not to fit my MZ-NH1, this forum will be the 2nd to know. 
The 1st will be Gerry. 

As far as the ersatz MiniDisc model goes; if there isn't an NH10, perhaps there should be!   raised-fist_270a-1.png.01aac7e80bf0f405df8db91e57d5d36c.png

P.S.  I was just informed of the following:  (and I've only been a forum member, starting with minidisc.org, for ... 25+ years)  🙂