Its on its way...

Rate this question

sonyslave

Question

:D Forgive this thread, but I can't contain my excitement! Got home this evening and checked my email - there was one from UPS saying they had picked up my A808 and and expected delivery is the 12th - tomorrow.

I'm SO excited. Better get my camera battery charged up so I can take some pictures of my new baby.

:blink: Oddly enough about hour later my credit card company rang up to confirm that the transaction was genuine!

David

14 answers to this question

:D Forgive this thread, but I can't contain my excitement! Got home this evening and checked my email - there was one from UPS saying they had picked up my A808 and and expected delivery is the 12th - tomorrow.

I'm SO excited. Better get my camera battery charged up so I can take some pictures of my new baby.

Brilliant! We expect a thorough pictorial/review from you soon. :)

@ wagas:

hat's exactly what I'm interested in... How is the SNR of the NW-A80x series? can you find the exact number in the manual or something?

I know that it was written in my old NW-A1200's manual (84Db :( ).

As I read, you're familliar with the hiss problem in sony walkmans. Especially in my NW-S703 it disturbes me.. compared to my Creative zen vision:M it's one noisy bastard...

How does NW-A80x compare to NW-S703 in the case of that hiss. Or maybe even compare it to the Creative? That's just deadsilent. (SNR = 97Db :) )

Thx in advance!!

greetz

@ wagas:

How does NW-A80x compare to NW-S703 in the case of that hiss. Or maybe even compare it to the Creative? That's just deadsilent. (SNR = 97Db :) )

Thx in advance!!

greetz

Try NW-S703 with different headphones, you will find the great reduction in hiss. I tried my friends NW-A800 and found out both players, NW-A800 and NW-S700, are both very quite when tried with MDR-EX90. It seems like, MDR-NC022 generates much hiss while other headphones do not.

@ zizone:

Yes, I use my NW-S703 mostly with my trusty Sennheiser CX300's. But I still find that there's a hiss. Especially when compared to my Creative Zen vision:M.

I'm going to the shop this afternoon and have a look at the NW-A80x. Maybe I'll decide to buy one, maybe not.

We'll see tonight if I came home with another Walkman or not...

If so, I'll report my opinion on the new walkman series in a review with pictures and everything.

greetz

@ zizone:

Yes, I use my NW-S703 mostly with my trusty Sennheiser CX300's. But I still find that there's a hiss. Especially when compared to my Creative Zen vision:M.

I'm going to the shop this afternoon and have a look at the NW-A80x. Maybe I'll decide to buy one, maybe not.

We'll see tonight if I came home with another Walkman or not...

If so, I'll report my opinion on the new walkman series in a review with pictures and everything.

greetz

Look forward to it. I plan to buy one this week. had a look in Dixons, in the Strand at a 806. Looks really small. If others have purchased, it would be good if they could post reviews( with pictures)