Sony Insider Forums

Can't transfer record to SonicStage

Rate this topic

If you backed up your recordings that were uploaded to the PC, probably they are gone (unless you were able to decrypt them). Of course this has no effect on what was recorded by you using line or microphone onto MD.

You don't want 4.0, trust me.

You want 4.3 Ultimate from this site.

Is that a Sony approved version of SonicStage. Is it reliable?

You don't NEED it but you absolutely WANT it. 'nuff said.

Ok, but I just want to rip CDs into MP3 format and upload microphone recordings, and burn audio CDs and MP3 CDs. The "ultimate" version sounds like an overkill. laugh.gif

Quit muckin' abaht :)

Avrin created this version because it fixes a number of bugs. Since Sony no longer supports ATRAC it seems likely this will be the last version hence "ultimate".

If I had $1 for everyone who had ever used the word "just" when describing their computer and/or software needs, I would be rich.

Good luck!

Quit muckin' abaht smile.gif

Avrin created this version because it fixes a number of bugs. Since Sony no longer supports ATRAC it seems likely this will be the last version hence "ultimate".

If I had $1 for everyone who had ever used the word "just" when describing their computer and/or software needs, I would be rich.

Good luck!

Ok, but is that link for the U.S. version?

• 10 years later...

This is a super old topic, but I have some information that might short-cut a lot of pain for folks as they start getting back into Minidisc.

I had exact same issue with OP.  And kudos to sfbp for being so methodical in their replies.

On 7/14/2010 at 4:29 AM, sfbp said:

You don't NEED it but you absolutely WANT it. 'nuff said.

I have an MZ-RH1 and used it for ad-hoc recordings in various locations ;-) Had found a couple discs and wanted to import them into my Win 7 computer that I had used for many years without issue. 

What I have found was that if you answer "No" to the question on whether you want to import or not (when you click the <- ) the software bizarrely remembers that answer, and presumes that from there on that you don't want to import ever again. Huh?

image.png.88d2037980fdd6d2478641da357bf76f.png

So, you need to "reset" the "Display all hidden messages" option by clicking Default, in Tools Options General.

image.png.0fac053d38047ddb6cdabd29a18da7c7.png

If you have mistakenly clicked the orange import arrow, best to use the top right corner X to close the import dialogue. SS does not remember that selection.

Cheers to all from Oz.

Let me know if it helps you out :-)

PS BTW, installed Ultimate on a clean Windows 10 laptop and everything worked, no issues. Kudos to the folks who put that together.