Sony Insider Forums
soulmaster10

Windows 10

I have made some MD and HIMD compilations with a MZ-NH600, no problem at all.
Windows 10 installed the drivers and it seems it were the right ones.

I also tried a MZ-N910 and it went well.

Edited by kalkie

Works fine. Are you on 32-bit or 64-bit Windows?

(Don't forget to press the NetMD button on the front panel!)

0. Turn off driver signing (F8 on boot)

1. unzip them to somewhere (NOT THE DESKTOP)

2. plug in your netMD machine

3. Look in devmgr for the yellow exclam

4. Click update drivers

5. Select the drivers you just downloaded

6. Ignore messages about unsigned drivers

Bravo! The netbook should work out of the box, the PC will need the 64-bit driver installed afterwards

Yes. The drivers posted (32- and 64-) in the downloads section work fine. If you had installed the 64-bit driver to begin with you would be only a couple of clicks away from having it working now.

To make it work with 32-bits will be harder since you need to uninstall all the stock 32 bit drivers and use the "new" 32-bit driver from the download for every device, for reliable operation.

Hi All

New around here.  I was cleaning out my garage a couple of weeks back and found a stack of old Minidiscs from the late 90s.  I had completely forgotten I'd even had one.  I looked on eBay and have bought myself a JE780 for £70.  Thanks to this thread I've managed to install Sonic Stage and the driver for my Windows 10 machine and the system works perfectly.  The only issue I have is that SS seems to ignore when the 780 is in LP mode.  Sure I'll sort it out.

It's really wonderful listening to MDs again and makes a change from Spotify, etc.

Yeah, actually I have three; a Sharp MT180 (which is rubbish) and an N520 and N710.  Happily using them all again; well, apart from the Sharp.

Hey steven! I keep installing/uninstalling 4.3 on windows 10. After a few minutes into the program (regardless of the task I am doing) The software crashes and says it encountered an error and needs to close. I am out of options here and nothing helps. I need your expertise. Maybe the install file has a bug? Ive tried several copies from various places. If that is the case where can I get a copy of  ""working good"" ss installer? Thanks!!!!!!!!!! ;-) 

I am running Windows 10 Home.

I have tried all of that...everything I know to do.  I have tried to use different install files, compatibility mode changes, admin startup directives, nothing works. I had this working on Windows 10 before...and I think had this problem and fixed it at one point....(Cant remember how!) :-( The message flags about 45-60 seconds after starting SS. I have enclosed a screenshot of the very exact message that I am getting.

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IM GOING CRAZY WITH THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks so much for your time Stephen

SonicStage Application Has Stopped Working.png

Get rid of the URL that refers to Connect Store.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Sony Corporation\SonicStage\EMD\HomeURL.

This should be long gone from fresh SS Ultimate (off our site) install. However likely there in some archived version you got from Sony,

I see your problem, it is probably actually SS rebelling because you have Floyd and Mariah in the same library!!  ;-)

HAHAHAHHA!!!!!!!!!!!! Nice one Azureal. Surprisingly she is the only artist that I can listen to from that genre. I'm somewhat of a nerd/math-geek, and I have always admired and respected her as a professional vocal "technician." She is so mathematically pitch-perfect that it amazes me that a pair of natural vocal chords could produce notes and keys that technically and exactly perfect...That's about it for the soft pop genre for me. (well I admire Whitney for this too.) But the biggest reason I have her discography is to final test my analog magnetic tape equipment and tape equipment I refurbish for others. (Only analog..no DAT or DCC). Because of her aforementioned pitch perfection, I test the frequency mods and performance by driving some of her more demanding and versatile songs into the mag record heads and monitor the recorded result. She is ALWAYS my final test for my equipment because her songs are BY FAR the hardest to reproduce via analog delivery. Now you know why....LOL!!!!

• Like 1