Experiences With Etailers

Rate this topic

Clytn

Hi,

I ordered a MZ-NH900 from B&D Electronics before christmas. They said it was shipped on the 30th of Dec, and now it's the 5th of March and still no sign of the MD dry.gif . I live in Sweden, so it was an international shipping from the US to here. I asked B&D to send me a copy of the USPS (united states postal service) reciept, so that I could see for sure that they had sent it. They faxed me the reciept, and it looks legite. I guess it's $267 down the drain. sad.gif But hey, now I got a good reason to buy one of the new units with mp3 playback rolleyes.gif .

Anyways.. I would like to hear if anyone else has had problems with B&D Electronics, anything at all. I actually only have good experiences, because they answered all my support e-mails (about 20 of them) in the same day, and they had no problem with sending me the USPS reciept. As far as I know, the problems started when it was out of their hands.

//Clytn

Your issue is with the USPS, not B&D. Chances are your shipment was insured, and the USPS should replace the item or repay you at least the insurance amount.

I have dealt with Minidisc Canada in the past and have found them to be good at their business. I cannot attest personally to their record re: international shipments, though.

My girlfriend ordered a NH900JE for me from Audiocubes one week before Christmas '04 as a surprise gift. Great. So, three days later, Audiocubes e-mails her and tells her the color she selected, black, was not in stock - AFTER taking out $400 for the unit. For more than nine months Audiocubes had listed this color in stock. The only color available was silver, and that is easily obtainable here in the States. The only reason the NH900JE was desireable was it hypothetically came in BLACK and with a RM-MC40ELK.

So, my girlfriend e-mails them back and asks if they can locate a black model in Japan. Day 4, they e-mail us back with a firm "No." By this point she informs me and the surprise is over. I guide her correspondence from this point; she then e-mails them back to see if it even comes with a RM-MC40ELK. They say no.

For nine months Audiocubes listed the unit having the RM-MC40ELK. I bounce to Sony Japan ecat product listings and confirm that it does come with such. My girlfriend then e-mails them back and they change their minds and now say it does.

End of day 4, three days left until Christmas. My girlfriend, even with her little knowledge of the format, knew that obtaining a NH900 with RM-MC40ELK that close to Christmas would be impossible. Pricing a black NH900 @ teamdigital [$320] and a RM-MC40ELK would be about $375. Getting a silver NH900 and a RM-MC40ELK would be about $320 in the US.

Obtaining back $400 from Audiocubes probably would've taken a week.

My girlfriend goes ahead and lets Audiocubes ship the silver NH900JE. This was a very bad experience, and if I wasn't knowledgeable I imagine it would've been hell.

Hence why they're not really advertised much anymore.

I've had good experiences with: Etronics, PlanetMinidisc, ToysRUs and Amazon. Btw, if I would think of buying a 2nd generation HiMD it will a blue RH10 and I will order from Audiocubes, but now I will have to think it twice...

Edited by Tiesto

for md stuff i like www.bluetin.com & www.minidsic.com.au

or of course ebay. i buy clothes, shoes, specialty food, books, records, my last two laptops, two md players & probably some other crap online over the last few years.

that said i'd step away from audiocubes if they play games like that, debiting the acct without having stock is a loser move in my book.

I've only used Audiocubes for my EX71's, worked out fine. That said, not sure if I'd order anything else from them on reading Kurisu's story!