Help Me! Transferring Standard Md To Pc Via Usb!

Rate this topic

eosid

Hello!

I have the Sony MZ RH10 and I tried to transfer my olds recordings to my PC via USB with Sonicstage but it is not possible!!!

Have you any idea?

Thank you !

sad.gif

yes, I have an idea...as mentioned in all the FAQ's (like right here, the bold text under 'limitations')...it is NOT possible to upload old recordings with SS, even when using a Hi-MD player.

read this pinned (= very important) thread to learn about the one and only possible method to get your old recording to PC...and yes, you have to treat your Hi-MD as a (Net)MD when transferring older recordings, so don't click on 'if you have Hi-MD, use this thread', just follow the instructions in this thread

Edited by The Low Volta

OK, but.... maybe with an other program...

yes, I have an idea...as mentioned in all the FAQ's (like right here, the bold text under 'limitations')...it is NOT possible to upload old recordings with SS, even when using a Hi-MD player.

read this pinned (= very important) thread to learn about the one and only possible method to get your old recording to PC...and yes, you have to treat your Hi-MD as a (Net)MD when transferring older recordings, so don't click on 'if you have Hi-MD, use this thread', just follow the instructions in this thread

And the update of Sonicstage says: Tracks recorded from microphone or analog inputs on Hi-MD devices and Network Walkman can be uploaded to SonicStage and saved in WAV (PCM) format

The adress: http://www.sonydigital-link.com/DNA/SonicStage/SS31.asp?l=en

since when do we believe what Sony says about Sony-software? The programmers have absolutely no knowledge of what the hardware can and needs to do...while the hardware division doesn't realize that the software cripples any straightforward use of the machines as intended... laugh.gif

OK, but.... maybe with an other program...

and...there is no other program, none, whatsoever, at all, sad.gif ...

Edited by The Low Volta

And the update of Sonicstage says: Tracks recorded from microphone or analog inputs on Hi-MD devices and Network Walkman can be uploaded to SonicStage and saved in WAV (PCM) format

this might be the bit you missed. you said your 'old' recordings. what did you record these 'old' recordings with? need to have been himd remember.

this might be the bit you missed. you said your 'old' recordings. what did you record these 'old' recordings with? need to have been himd remember.

hm, it does say

on Hi-MD devices and Network Walkman

so I actually guess Sony believes that NetMD-players (or aren't they even included in Network-Walkman?) allow digital uploading (is this true? I thought not, but I never owned a NetMD...)

so:

- if you recorded the discs with an MD...use the MD-analog/(digital?)-realtime method

- if you recorded the discs with a Net-MD...use the MD-analog/(digital?)-realtime method and complain to Sony that they are giving very wrong info rtfm.gif

- if you recorded the discs with a Hi-MD...well, if it would have worked the SS-digital way, you wouldn't have put up a post, right... so use the MD-analog/(digital?)-realtime method and complain to Sony that they are giving very wrong info, 'cause that would prove that discs recorded in MD-mode aren't uploadable with SS (which I actually just assumed, but never checked), and their info doesn't say this rtfm.gif

good luck and give my greetings to the Sony-customer service will you...

Edited by The Low Volta

I think there is confusion here between NetMD and Network Walkman.

Whatever, Hi-MD WILL NOT transfer NetMD recordings in this way.

Unless Sony get their act together - it is only software, after all, that is stopping this!!!

Just what is their problem?

maybe you already knew this - then I'm sorry!

I just transferred one of my old MD's to the Computer...

starting position:

analog recorded Minidisc (MD, SP-Mode)

SonicStage Version 3.1

Minidisc Deck Sony MDS-JE700

HiMD-Player Sony MZ-NH1

while it's still not possible to upload analog recordings by SonicStage (v3.1) directly, I tried this:

- connected the Deck with the HiMD Unit by optical link ("optical out" to "optical Line In")

- played the Minidisc on my Minidisc Deck while I recorded it on my Hi-MD Unit in Hi-SP Mode (recording is digital!)

- after this I could transfer the music (now on HiMD) by SonicStage to my Computer (note: it's only possible to transfer each file once)

- then of course I used the great HiMD-Renderer to convert the files into wav

I like this way more than recording music on my Computer

Well, it only works with analog recorded Minidiscs. If you've got a digitally recorded disc you will need to record your music (on your HiMD Unit) analog or through an SCMS-Stripper and then upload it by SonicStage.

any other idea? I hope this post isn't too boring huh.gif

maybe you already knew this - then I'm sorry!

I just transferred one of my old MD's to the Computer...

starting position:

analog recorded Minidisc (MD, SP-Mode)

SonicStage Version 3.1

Minidisc Deck Sony MDS-JE700

HiMD-Player Sony MZ-NH1

while it's still not possible to upload analog recordings by SonicStage (v3.1) directly, I tried this:

- connected the Deck with the HiMD Unit by optical link ("optical out" to "optical Line In")

- played the Minidisc on my Minidisc Deck while I recorded it on my Hi-MD Unit in Hi-SP Mode (recording is digital!)

- after this I could transfer the music (now on HiMD) by SonicStage to my Computer  (note: it's only possible to transfer each file once)

- then of course I used the great HiMD-Renderer to convert the files into wav

I like this way more than recording music on my Computer

Well, it only works with analog recorded Minidiscs. If you've got a digitally recorded disc you will need to record your music (on your HiMD Unit) analog or through an SCMS-Stripper and then upload it by SonicStage.

any other idea? I hope this post isn't too boring huh.gif

But why? When you could record straight to the PC using an analog cable and the line-in on your sound card. I seriously doublt you would be able to tell the difference.

But why?  When you could record straight to the PC using an analog cable and the line-in on your sound card.  I seriously doublt you would be able to tell the difference.

or get a soundcard with optical in and play the MD through the deck straight into the PC...could cost a bit, but erases a lot of steps

and if you insist on doing it your way, why not record in PCM on the Hi-MD? this would eliminate the quality loss that a lossy format like Hi-SP still is...

greetings, Volta