HIMDRenderer 0.5 net-md upload bug?

Rate this topic

Pug

Just testing the function to upload Net-MD tracks and I get the following error message:

ERROR:[1778-2-0]: Failed to create destination file. Please ensure that the filename is valid and you have the correct permissions set for the directory where you want the file created. Pleade also make sure you have neough disk space.

I've check all of the suggestions above and I have permissions and enough space.

Cheers

Pug

^^^

don't know whether I understand this correctly, but you cannot upload Standard MD (LP/SP) recordings, even when made with a HiMD, only HiMD-formats (HiSP, HiLP and PCM) can be uploaded by USB

You can now with version 0.5. Ive added functionality to control the playing of the NetMD device and record tracks via the soundcard of your PC.

Just testing the function to upload Net-MD tracks and I get the following error message:

Could you repeat the process and then use the bug reporter to send me a log file. All you need to do is fill in the email and comment fields. The log file is sent automatically.

ah, sorry Marc, thanks for correcting me ...and for writing the extra's (and of course the original program...) I'm slowly starting to earn some money (in stead of only spending it as a student :lol: ) so count on a donation, even if I haven't used it recently myself, but with the added NetMD support and as I still trust the Renderer better than the Sony-app I still see some/a lot of uses for it and this hard work should be rewarded!

marc, i tried the net md upload. while you can control the net md using USB, the record involves the same input into line in of the sound card..

please correct if i am doing something wrong

Yes, you would need to use line-in... I don't think anything besides controls for playing the player (and titles) are sent via USB on NetMD models.. In other words, no audio is sent to PC via USB for NetMD. ;)

Edited by raintheory

I nipped home at lunchtime to record a NetMD into the computer - about four hours long. The benefits that I can see of using Marc's prog is that each track will be copied separately and take their names with them. I can then transfer them into SS and put them onto one Hi-MD. If I copied the disc from MD to MD via line out I would have one track and no titles. Unfortunately with the sound card I have got I cannot copy a second generation md via optical as the copy protection kicks in. An additional advantage is that I don't have to worry about the hard disk continuing to record and using up disk space after the source has finished playing.

This is a very useful tool - just the sort of thing I expected from MD when I purchased my first Net MD.

Edited by Shozzer

• 1 month later...

The net md upload dousn't work on my md player, it just records silent files!

I'm using the MZ-NH1 and a Fuji Siemens AMILO Pro V2010 running on XP.. Any help (It might be because it dousn't have a line-in port)

which soundcard input have you connected your minidisc unit to?

You need to make sure that the correct soundcard is selected (top-left option box labeled "Capture Device") and that the correct input is selected ("Capture source").

If your not sure which soundcard input to use, just try playing the MD through the soundcard, select "show capture" at the top of HIMDRenderer, and select different inputs until you see the 2 lines at the bottom of HIMDRenderer move.

Edited by marcnet