RM-MC40ELK Remote Question...

Rate this topic

raintheory

Hello all,

Quick question regarding the RM-MC40ELK Remote...

I am thinking of getting this remote to use with my MZ-RH10. Currently I am using the RM-MC38EL remote that came with my MZ-NH900. I usually have the recorder set on REC-PAUSE and manual recording levels (this way I can adjust rec levels on remote and unpause to start recording), however the remote doesnt actually show the recording levels... This isn't a big problem when I am out doing field recordings of quiet sounds, since I can listen on headphones and adjust levels that way, but ideally it would be nice to be able to see the levels on the remote.

Does anyome know if the RM-MC40ELK actualy shows the recording levels while the unit is in REC-PAUSE?

Hello all,

Quick question regarding the RM-MC40ELK Remote...

I am thinking of getting this remote to use with my MZ-RH10. Currently I am using the RM-MC38EL remote that came with my MZ-NH900. I usually have the recorder set on REC-PAUSE and manual recording levels (this way I can adjust rec levels on remote and unpause to start recording), however the remote doesnt actually show the recording levels... This isn't a big problem when I am out doing field recordings of quiet sounds, since I can listen on headphones and adjust levels that way, but ideally it would be nice to be able to see the levels on the remote.

Does anyome know if the RM-MC40ELK actualy shows the recording levels while the unit is in REC-PAUSE?

Yes, it shows recording levels on the 40ELK with the RH10 in pause-REC.

• 2 months later...

IMHO the 40ELK is going to be the best remote you can get right now for recording and playback. It is far superior to the stick remotes. I have used the 11EL and 33EL along with a Pansonic and Aiwa remote for comparison.

IMHO the 40ELK is going to be the best remote you can get right now for recording and playback. It is far superior to the stick remotes. I have used the 11EL and 33EL along with a Pansonic and Aiwa remote for comparison.

Yeah - the 40ELK is my ideal choice...but might be cost prohibitive right now...the other backlits on Ebay are going for dirt cheap..I just need to figure out which ones have the level bar(s) on the stick and are adjustable.

E

Ok thanks! Time to sell some more stuff on Ebay!

E

Volta is right that the 40ELK is the only remote on which you can view the input level, the 55ELK allows you to change the recording levels via the remote, but the default display is just time elapsed.

See this pictorial for a couple of photos of each:

http://forums.minidisc.org/index.php?showtopic=13791

Volta is right that the 40ELK is the only remote on which you can view the input level, the 55ELK allows you to change the recording levels via the remote, but the default display is just time elapsed.

See this pictorial for a couple of photos of each:

http://forums.minidisc.org/index.php?showtopic=13791

Just about any remote that works with the Hi-MDs will allow you to change recording levels using the FF and REW if I am not mistaken. Yes, it works with the 2 remotes (standard with the NH900 and the RH10) that I have in addition to the 40ELK it will work with the FF and REW. Not sure if that was in this thread or not.

So, yes you can adjust recording levels with just about every remote using the FF and REW buttons for Hi-MD models. I remember this working with my NH900 exactly the same way.