The DH10P Review by The Blue Raja

Rate this topic

... not sure what the point would be (tho I'm trying to keep the backup as STERILE as possible).

I could just as easily 'Photoshop' 2 of them, or make 50 of them for that matter :D

Don't they both deserve to be immortalised in the forum ?

You know Photoshopping would be cheating.

... not sure what the point would be (tho I'm trying to keep the backup as STERILE as possible).

That`s no problem take both of your DH10P in a sterile room :lol: (Like operation theater ) then you can easy take photos of both of your DH10P ...then you don`t have to worry about..aslo don`t forget to put sterlized gloves.. :lol::lol::lol::lol::P:P

I was reading your review and became quite concerned when you said the price between the DH10P and RH10 were now very similar, because I only got mine a few months ago...

...until you said it can't record, nor does it charge via the USB port! Plus anyway I have a camera on my phone with a 1Gb MMC card in it.

I think I made the right choice. :)

I was reading your review and became quite concerned when you said the price between the DH10P and RH10 were now very similar, because I only got mine a few months ago...

...until you said it can't record, nor does it charge via the USB port! Plus anyway I have a camera on my phone with a 1Gb MMC card in it.

I think I made the right choice. :)

Any minidisc player is the right choice :yes: Enjoy the RH10.

Ok, I know you'll all think I'm crazy (if you haven't already), but lately I have been treating my DH10P like a camera that happens to be an MD player as well.

What I mean is, I think I gave up my standards on photography back when I got my FIRST digital Olympus 1.3 megapixel camera (and had kids, got more busy with 'real life' etc.); taking day-to-day snapshot photos, not worried about 'wasting shots' since it was digital, etc., etc. The days of my good ol' SLR Pentax are over (tho I still have it of course and use it once in a blue moon).

With all that said, and with several YEARS of photos now that only exist in a digital format, I realize I'm not going to put these images to paper any time soon, and between my current 5 megapix Kodak digicam, and now my DH10P, it's really not THAT important to me how an image looks when I just shrink it down to email to friends to share anyway, etc. So with my standards lowered, grabbing my DH10P on-the-go and capturing images is a lot of fun, and very handy. It's much more portable due to the SHAPE of the device (most cameras that I've owned are BOXY and BULKY and can't fit like in a shirt pocket or even in a jacket pocket that easily). On Easter Sunday I got together with a lot of family, took a small road trip and enjoyed some tunes off of the DH10P during the drive, and then used it as my camera to capture events. It is a FUN camera to use (knowing there's a minidisc spinning inside to save the data is an added bonus), for convenience and overall FEEL. No camera has ever fit my hand so well. The sleek, sexy design of the DH10P makes it a very attractive camera and always captures people's attention to begin with. Low-light conditions are the big downer, but again, for day-in-the-life snapshot photography it's a great unit.

After spending an entire day with my DH10P and all off the juice of one battery (I finally ran it until the battery was dead and realized it lasted a bit longer then I thought it would since it does the 'low batt' blink rather soon, but then lasts still a good while), I really love this device even more. I think owning the NH900 series along w/ the DH10P is the perfect combo; the NH900 is for serious audio listening & even recording (mic, line in), and the DH10P is for traveling, having some fun w/ album art, and still good listening.

I write paragraphs and someone posts a sticker and the comments start to flow... :huh:

Oh! Sorry ..I didn`t look at your paragraph..First of all how many photos were able to capture on a single recharge ??

No camera has ever fit my hand so well.

You are more the crazy :lol::lol::lol:

Have you tried T-9 or T-7 cameras ? :lol::lol: they will fit more better to your hands .

tbr you must be very proud of the twins.

The DH10P does feel very comfortable in the hand. A lot smaller than my clunky Fuji camera. And the pictures are miles better than my stupid Nokia camera phone.

I counting down the days till the charger turns up so I can juice up the battery.

Will you be starting a new topic with the triplets in the near future ?

Have you tried T-9 or T-7 cameras ? :lol::lol: they will fit more better to your hands .

LoL Stuge. Yeah, my T7 is super thin and compact with a nice screen, but too bad it won't play music or have album art. :unsure:

theblueraja: Nice pair you got there. Thanks for the extra pics. I didn't know the DH10P was slightly curved. And good job with that protector. No bubbles.

Will you be starting a new topic with the triplets in the near future ?

Only if I find a BLACK one for around the same price ($230). Otherwise, NO I certainly have no need for another. However I may make a special posting when I get my 2nd black NH900, because then I'll have 2 silver NH900s, 2 black NH900s, and 2 silver DH10Ps.

Oh, the insanity.

theblueraja: Nice pair you got there. Thanks for the extra pics. I didn't know the DH10P was slightly curved. And good job with that protector. No bubbles.

I'm very careful with protectors (how I put them on) however, they STILL don't last long because there's always a weak link in the chain (that being a snagged corner that starts to PEEL).

Really? The album art is one reason why I'd even consider the DH10P since no other MD units have it.

I'd prefer a colour LED for album art than have an OLED.

Wish Sony had released a few different versions of the DH10P - perhaps a cheaper cameraless one (sorry tbr)

Really? The album art is one reason why I'd even consider the DH10P since no other MD units have it.

Hey ,Sorry for confusing you :( I will also prefer DH10P for album art but Not for camera purpose (TBR sorry )

i `m also looking to buy a camera ...whihc camera do you suggest me not SLR one ??

Hey ,Sorry for confusing you :( I will also prefer DH10P for album art but Not for camera purpose (TBR sorry )

i `m also looking to buy a camera ...whihc camera do you suggest me not SLR one ??

Please post your question about cameras in general in another thread and keep this one more about the DH10P, thanks.

And no reasons for apologizing about saying you folks don't need a camera in an MD player or just want the album art screen - I totally understand, and would like that myself. Give me an NH900 with the DH10P screen any day.

or just want the album art screen - I totally understand, and would like that myself. Give me an NH900 with the DH10P screen any day.

theblueraja,

If only ...... that would be a dream Minidisc unit. Especially in black with an external battery pack.

• 8 months later...

Hi Blue Raja!

Great review; thanks so much! With the rise of inexpensive mp3 players, and my never-ending frustration with SonicStage quirks and crashes, not to mention the conversion time (I use the MZ-NH600D entry-level model), I had been contemplating the abandonment of my longstanding love for Minidisc. Even though this unit still requires SS to upload MP3's, it sounds like, from what you say, that the camera function and other features, not to mention the sheer awesomeness (is that a word?) of the H-MD format, seem to outweigh the 'cons' of SonicStage or the lack of ability to just copy the files over.

I am contemplating the purchase of a DH-10P, as the prices seem to be good and Amazon.com has free shipping on them right now. Thanks very much--you've given me another chance to love Minidisc.

Hi Blue Raja!

Great review; thanks so much! With the rise of inexpensive mp3 players, and my never-ending frustration with SonicStage quirks and crashes, not to mention the conversion time (I use the MZ-NH600D entry-level model), I had been contemplating the abandonment of my longstanding love for Minidisc. Even though this unit still requires SS to upload MP3's, it sounds like, from what you say, that the camera function and other features, not to mention the sheer awesomeness (is that a word?) of the H-MD format, seem to outweigh the 'cons' of SonicStage or the lack of ability to just copy the files over.

I am contemplating the purchase of a DH-10P, as the prices seem to be good and Amazon.com has free shipping on them right now. Thanks very much--you've given me another chance to love Minidisc.

So glad to be of help!! This is a great model. The only downside I have discovered over time is the batter life is pretty lame in comparison to other MD players... but if you have a spare battery, and/or use the cradle, it shouldn't really be an issue I would think.

:(

I'd like to have one, but I live in Paris and trying to find websites that sells dh10p to France is a no-no.

I mean, yes there are audiocubes but it's 400 euros (489 USD), of course this is the black one but it's still 400 euros :)

Amazon.fr doesn't even know that article, amazon.com does know it (like a lot of us websites), but they don't ship to europe.

I saw that hotbuyselectronics.com sold the silver one for 210 USD (160 euros), plus the shipping and plus the taxes (maybe 80 euros), I think I'll have something like 280 euros to pay, which is the price of the rh1 here, but I want the dh10p :) I'm really thinking about this website, but I have to fax a copy of my credit card and my passport because of an international billing/shipping..

Rha, I want this unit. I want it. I want it. I want it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Have to say I had the greatest respect for Mr Raja for the time he took to present his well thought-out review for us, along with fab pics, making this a very enjoyable presentation.

But then I noticed the playlist on his player.

I mean - BRITNEY SPEARS???! :blum::fool::stinker::secret::punish::fool::blink:

Have to say I had the greatest respect for Mr Raja for the time he took to present his well thought-out review for us, along with fab pics, making this a very enjoyable presentation.

But then I noticed the playlist on his player.

I mean - BRITNEY SPEARS???! :blum::fool::stinker::secret::punish::fool::blink:

Hey man, I do Nine Inch Nails, Portishead, Red Jumpsuit Aparatus, Reggae Dub, minimal techno, and yes, cheesy teen pop. I love music. I like the corporate pop machine that generated N'Sync & Company. No shame, or I would not have included her in my pics.

To each his own.

Hey man, I do Nine Inch Nails, Portishead, Red Jumpsuit Aparatus, Reggae Dub, minimal techno, and yes, cheesy teen pop. I love music. I like the corporate pop machine that generated N'Sync & Company. No shame, or I would not have included her in my pics.

To each his own.

Haha, good man, quite right. I was only indulging in a spot of banter, no offence meant I'm sure.

Hit me baby one more time :punish: