1GB Hi-MD disks not available in UK?

Rate this topic

hessiess

This is somthing ive been searching for for ages. I cannot find anywere that sells gig discs in the uk and it isn't worth the huge inport fees of geting them from another country. Is there anywere in the uk that sells them, and doesn't charge £40 postage?

You can still buy them on the high street too if you look hard enough. I bought three HiMD disks from John Lewis on Oxford Street two weeks ago - £5.50 each. Strangely they weren't with the rest of the audio spares (tapes, cds, regular mds etc) but in the photographic section. I think most Sony Centre shops have a few disks available.

Shasonic (Hi-Fi Surplus) in London's Tottenham Court Road had packs of 2 for a tenner, a few weeks ago. I've been meaning to pop down there and stock up while they still have them. Otherwise they do seem thin on the ground. I bought 2 packs of three on ebay from a guy in Hong Kong a couple of weeks ago for £23, which seemed very reasonable, and they came very quickly.

Shasonic (Hi-Fi Surplus) in London's Tottenham Court Road had packs of 2 for a tenner, a few weeks ago. I've been meaning to pop down there and stock up while they still have them. Otherwise they do seem thin on the ground. I bought 2 packs of three on ebay from a guy in Hong Kong a couple of weeks ago for £23, which seemed very reasonable, and they came very quickly.

i liv in chepstow so london is abit to far away ;)