RH-10 Battery Charging Problem SOLVED!

Rate this topic

Kona702

I started a post asking why extremely dead batteries on the RH-10 would not start charging.

I read on a post that if you attach a charged AA via the piggyback battery holder and use the unit until the AA is drained, then the AA will charge the NIMH battery enough to allow the RH-10 to recognize it and charge it fully.

In regards to these instructions....THEY WORK FLAWLESSLY!!!!!!!

Thank you soooooooooooooo much whoever suggested that!!!

Sean

• 3 weeks later...

yes this works a treat - i put a new AA batt in the piggyback and left it to play for about 4 or 5 hours, removed teh piggyback, plugged in the charger and its now charging - im monitoring it on the remote stick screen display.

Thankyou

No problem Wilton, I had to share this as it was driving me INSANE. I was sure the batteries were still good but couldn't figure out why the hell they weren't charging.

My take on the reason that the batteries wouldn't charge to begin with is because the RH-10's circuit must rely on a current from the battery to recognize that one is even inserted and begin to charge it. If the battery has absolutely NO JUICE, then the RH-10 probably "thinks" that there is no battery even in the chamber to send a charging current to. (I could be horribly wrong!!! But this is the most logical explanation in my head at least.)

Glad I could help you WIlton,

Sean

No problem Wilton, I had to share this as it was driving me INSANE. I was sure the batteries were still good but couldn't figure out why the hell they weren't charging.

My take on the reason that the batteries wouldn't charge to begin with is because the RH-10's circuit must rely on a current from the battery to recognize that one is even inserted and begin to charge it. If the battery has absolutely NO JUICE, then the RH-10 probably "thinks" that there is no battery even in the chamber to send a charging current to. (I could be horribly wrong!!! But this is the most logical explanation in my head at least.)

Glad I could help you WIlton,

Sean

There are some people on craigslist who are selling RH10 and RH910 real cheap (unders $100) and most of them say that the rechargeable battery doesn't work. If it comes with the AA case, you can make it work again. I know a guy selling an RH910 with all the necessary accessories for only $60 and I think the battery is depleted but it comes with the AA case.

There are some people on craigslist who are selling RH10 and RH910 real cheap (unders $100) and most of them say that the rechargeable battery doesn't work. If it comes with the AA case, you can make it work again. I know a guy selling an RH910 with all the necessary accessories for only $60 and I think the battery is depleted but it comes with the AA case.

Snatch it up! Resell it on eBay for 250!

Snatch it up! Resell it on eBay for 250!

Yes, that's pretty much the only reason why I'm considering buying it. But I like to ask the seller alot of questions about the condition of the unit. I don't want to buy something that doesn't work or might not sell for much on ebay. And recently there was someone in Oregon craigslist that was selling 90+ used minidiscs with 12 prerecorded MD albums, all for only $30. I offered extra money for them to ship it to me, but they declined. So there are great deals out there!

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe I should remove this post so the cheap sellers on Ebay don't realize that there is a simple solution to the problem and the unit isn't faulty. :maninlove:

JK

In my experience, your average Joe isn't that clever. I point folk here to ask questions regularly. They don't seem to be able to do a web search at all!

Jim

• 1 year later...