Sonic Stage Error Messages - Crashed Hard Drive issue

Rate this topic

Tom B

I'm using Sonic Stage 4.3 on my XP-Pro computer, connected to my MZ RH-1. The computer has several hard drives. Sonic Stage is installed on Drive C: The drive with my ATRAC files (D:) crashed. Fortunately, I was able to copy the ATRAC file folders & files from the problem hard drive, to a new location with folder(s) on Drive C: I was then able to get Sonic Stage running, and I can play the files and hear them on the computer's speakers.

These files were previously copied from my MZ RH-1. I made these recordings. They are not copyrighted or copy protected. (I do not have anything purchased from the old Sony store that involves copy protection.)

Today I have a new file on my MZ RH-1 that I want to copy using Sonic Stage, as I've done so many times before. On trying to do that I get an error messsage that says:

"Cannot access the folder for sending imported files. Verify that the folder location is correct. From the main menu click Tools, and then Options. From the Category section, click location to save imported files. Verify the location (Folder) path"

This showed the old location on the now disconnected hard drive. So I changed it to the new location on C:

Doing that I get the error message

"Cannot access the device to import from. The process will stop."

So far I am not able to transfer the new file from the MZ RH-1 to the PC. I can't find documentation on this by Sony and hope there is someone here who can comment. Thanks.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

1. What are you trying to change it FROM? Does that location still exist and are there ATRAC files there already?

2. Does the new location exist already?

3. Is it (the new location) write-permitted to all power users or better (admin, system etc)?

Stephen