will this battery work with the mz nh1?

Rate this topic

adam30

I think the N10 battery is same or similar. LIP-3 and LIP-4WM are convertible but not interchangeable. (One has a cable the other doesn't)

But the one you have found is the NiMH gumstick used in many other models.

No it is absolutely not suitable. Sorry.

The battery is about $50 on Yahoo Japan. I'm considering getting one myself if I can not revive mine.

Try leaving the unit plus battery plugged in to cradle for 24 hours. You may be surprised.

I tried the HQRP gumstick batteries and I never had any luck with them. They all had high self discharge characteristics and developed high internal resistance pretty quickly.  The only NH-14WM replacement I've used that wasn't high self discharge is the Sofirn 3000mah battery from China. Don't let the name fool you , it's no where near 3000mah. Its like 1200mah but will hold a charge. The Sofirn battery is all white in color and its still going after a year now. It's not as good as the original Sony pr Sharp gumsticks were but way better than any HQRP I've ever tried.

• Like 1

OP, please note this is another NiMH battery, and NOT what you want. Yes, I saw them at the Walgreen-owned EverState Battery company which has recently disappeared from our neighbourhood (another example like Target of US businesses not succeeding here in Canada, for whatever reason). I think they might be made by-or-for Walmart/Walgreen.

I tried the HQRP gumstick batteries and I never had any luck with them. They all had high self discharge characteristics and developed high internal resistance pretty quickly.  The only NH-14WM replacement I've used that wasn't high self discharge is the Sofirn 3000mah battery from China. Don't let the name fool you , it's no where near 3000mah. Its like 1200mah but will hold a charge. The Sofirn battery is all white in color and its still going after a year now. It's not as good as the original Sony pr Sharp gumsticks were but way better than any HQRP I've ever tried.

I have yet to find a NiMH gumstick battery (as in MD) which is not revived by the computerised battery chargers typified by BC700 as here:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000RSOV50

Kind regards

I have tried the "burn out" methods, including both the short duration 12v application to the battery and using a dumb charger like  sony mz-r90/91 to charge. The battery does indeed get warm in the r91 during charging but didn't really fix anything.  I'm sure some internal resistance can be reduced by these methods in some batteries depending on the conditions that caused the high resistance but it's just never worked in any of the batteries that came with any of the MD's I've purchased and of course none of the HQRP batteries.  Anyway I'm pleased with the performance of the Sofirn NiMH's I'm currently using.

Actually this post confused me. I didn't realize the OP was needing a replacement for the LIP-4WM. Should have looked at the topic closer.  I wish I could report a good source for the LIP-4WM but they just don't seem to be out there.  I keep thinking that some Chinese company will come out with a replacement but have not seen any yet, maybe someday.