S2 Sports MP3 Player

Rate this question

mfremon

Question

20 answers to this question

The links are working now :)

As previously reported, the NW-S203F (1GB) will set you back $119.95, and the NW-S205F (2GB) will cost $149.95

I checked the specs page and sony is really supplying an armband for this player, haha

"Expected to ship on or about Semptember 15, 2006"

haha.. semptember... :P

anyway

good find aznbro85,

These S2 Sports™ Walkman® MP3 Players featuring an FM tuner, pedometer, stopwatch and calorie counter(!) in such a small package are amazing. Hopefully you can turn off the Shuffle Shake feature.

Wonder if Sony has a replacement HDD player for the NWA1000-3000 due for release just after NW-S205F ? :)

Taken from the Sonystyle USA website:

http://www.sonystyle.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP....specs&var2=

Weights & Dimensions:

Weight: 0.9oz (26g)

Measurements: 3.79x0.78x0.59" (96.5x15x15mm)

i checked the specs for both, and they are both the same size and weight

though all the fitness-related features seem interesting, i really think that the nike+ipod one would be much better (function and sales-wise). That project has the backing of two big american corporations that "can do no wrong" :\

I havn't seen either in action, so i won't comment on that aspect of it.

I would agree with you pata2001, except I kind of like the styling of the sports one and find it to be nicer than the E00x series. It's the first fitness walkman that I can think of that (1) looks good and (2) doesn't have a funky color scheme (at least IMHO)

I'll be at SonyStyle San Francisco to nab one when it's out, even though I don't really need it (look at all the HD/MD/Flash walkmans i've gotten through the years @_@ )

P.S. Great tagline Pata! Every time I see it, it makes me chuckle..

I've learned to love M$'s Applocale because of Sony USA's thinking that "kanji is the source of all evil" :-P

http://www.appliancemagazine.com/news.php?article=10707

Sony delays Japan Launch of New Walkman

Sep 12, 2006

Sony Corp said it will postpone the Japan launch of its new digital Walkman by 1 week over delays caused by a part malfunction.

According to an AP report, the portable digital music player NW-S203F, which was slated to hit Japanese stores this Friday, will instead go on sale on Sept. 23, according to Sony official Takashi Uehara.

The delay was due to the malfunction of a part used in the Walkmans, Uehara said, but refused to specify the part, the nature of the malfunction, or the number of units affected.

The move came after Sony said last week it would push back the European launch of its PlayStation 3 video game console by four months due to production delays.

I was hoping the player was being delayed to develop fitness software to compete with the iPod Nano + Nike setup. It doesn't look like that is the case. Seeing that the new Nano is made of aluminum and the Nike package has a nice software program/website to keep track of your progress, I think I may go with that instead. The original, scratch-prone Nano clearly had some problems as a fitness device, but the new anodized aluminum body should be very durable. I don't see much/any advantage of the S2 player, unless you absolutely don't want iTunes on your PC.

I was hoping the player was being delayed to develop fitness software to compete with the iPod Nano + Nike setup. It doesn't look like that is the case. Seeing that the new Nano is made of aluminum and the Nike package has a nice software program/website to keep track of your progress, I think I may go with that instead. The original, scratch-prone Nano clearly had some problems as a fitness device, but the new anodized aluminum body should be very durable. I don't see much/any advantage of the S2 player, unless you absolutely don't want iTunes on your PC.

This isn't made to compete with the Nano. With only 2GB, this is made to compete against the shuffle.

This isn't made to compete with the Nano. With only 2GB, this is made to compete against the shuffle.

Did you even look at the prices of the S2? At that price point, the obvious competition is the iPod nano, unless Sony decided to sell the units under $100.