Sony Changes Everything-By Leaving USA?

Rate this question

Weaves_

Question

Well, I received my weekly ads in the paper today, including a seperate two page ad for all Sony products. The ad included PC's, headphones, blu-ray, dvd, etc. The only products missing from the ad - every personal audio product. Looks like they gave up the fight in the US market. Well, I will use my HD5 till it dies, then find another unit.

Edited by Weaves

9 answers to this question

I am really trying to understand Sony's DAP plans for USA. It can be strongly suggested that this is move by Sony America. With a much smaller market Canada seem to be getting a better selection for DAPs. Which is strange for the two countries. Manufacturers usually give USA a wider selection of their products that Canada.

hm intrsting but mp3s are really famous in usa.hm well i think that nwe01x series and nwa808 wil be launche din usa very soon most probably til the end of july or begining of august and definetly then they will have a strong opponet well here is the link of sony upcomming products in usa

http://news.sel.sony.com/en/image_library/...walkman_players

chek it

This is not about the Canada getting different models that the USA. USA has gotten more models of consumer goods that than Canada. USA is a much larger consumer market than Canada. Case in point, USA get the e-Reader and Canada does not. Sony releases 10 models of laptops in USA and 9 in Canada. USA gets the TZ and C series, while Canada gets the BX series. This may not be the most comprehensive comparison, but should illustrate the difference with the two countries.

Anyways, ...

Yes Sony USA has some of the models of the DAPs, but are missing most of the newer models. It has been 4 months since the NW-A800 series has been release in Japan, and about 3 months since it has been release to the rest of the world. Additionally, the NW-S600 was release in October/November of last year. In other words, Sony USA has not release a new DAP to USA over 6 months with only one model released for the NW-S700 series.

e-reader is a niche product, niche products don't do well in small markets.

interesting enough a few models are missing now, ie the older E00x models are gone of our site, as is the S2 sports player.

currently left with the new NWE01x series, 1 and 2 gig models, the S700 series 2 (pink) and 4 gig (black), and A800 series 8 gig, 2 4 gigs and 2 2 gigs, so compared to earlier in the year, march - may, the model count has dropped off, but this may be due to new models coming,