Jump to content
Sony Insider Forums

Control software for MDS-E11

Rate this topic


Recommended Posts

13 minutes ago, kgallen said:

It was @zedstarr's and @NGY's fault, they put me through the mill with it!

=D

Bought one of these: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Coax-Coaxial-to-Optical-2-Way-Toslink-SPDIF-Digital-Audio-Converter-Adapter/173764038542?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

Looks a bit small but the goal is to have it remove the copy protection while keeping the look. Might be hard to find a generic FPGA board that fits in there... In either case I should be able to use the PCB for easy connecting to an FPGA. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, JonasE said:

=D

Bought one of these: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Coax-Coaxial-to-Optical-2-Way-Toslink-SPDIF-Digital-Audio-Converter-Adapter/173764038542?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

Looks a bit small but the goal is to have it remove the copy protection while keeping the look. Might be hard to find a generic FPGA board that fits in there... In either case I should be able to use the PCB for easy connecting to an FPGA. 

I've got one (and just bought another as it happens!). Not sure if you'll get much inside in addition to the existing stuff. A small Xilinx Spartan on a custom board at best? Let us know what you're up to with it (on a new thread).

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kgallen said:

I would like to be able to make an MD disc clone (so I can create a backup disc of a master with SFX/music on for theatre) - well at least copy all audio and title tracks. Possibly I can already do this with the SPDIF plus CTRL-S link.

Seems like the E12 has CTRL-S which is input only, doh. So that means I can't link two E12's by CTRL-S. I thought this was a newer version of the Control-A1 I have on my MDS-JE530 but it seems not. That means I need to find another way to get the track names across. I was looking for another 530 but the prices have gone through the roof... So maybe I can do the name copying with your software magic and the E12's after all?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, kgallen said:

Seems like the E12 has CTRL-S which is input only, doh. So that means I can't link two E12's by CTRL-S. I thought this was a newer version of the Control-A1 I have on my MDS-JE530 but it seems not. That means I need to find another way to get the track names across. I was looking for another 530 but the prices have gone through the roof... So maybe I can do the name copying with your software magic and the E12's after all?

Ah, you mean.... Attach two E12's and make it copy the track names from E12-1 to E12-2? Yes, why not? :-) 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, kgallen said:

Seems like the E12 has CTRL-S which is input only, doh. So that means I can't link two E12's by CTRL-S. I thought this was a newer version of the Control-A1 I have on my MDS-JE530 but it seems not. That means I need to find another way to get the track names across. I was looking for another 530 but the prices have gone through the roof... So maybe I can do the name copying with your software magic and the E12's after all?

Or, of course, read the names from one disc and write them to another on the same machine. :-)

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, JonasE said:

Or, of course, read the names from one disc and write them to another on the same machine. :-)

I want to join the two E12s with coax SPDIF and a-n-other cable and do a disc clone, audio and text. I could do this with two MDS-JE530 machines if I connect coax or optical for the audio and the two A1 ports. However I only have one 530 (in amongst the maybe 20 machines I have, shhhhh :-)

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, kgallen said:

I want to join the two E12s with coax SPDIF and a-n-other cable and do a disc clone, audio and text. I could do this with two MDS-JE530 machines if I connect coax or optical for the audio and the two A1 ports. However I only have one 530 (in amongst the maybe 20 machines I have, shhhhh :-) ).

Ah, I see... So you would like a sw that first performs the recording (you can do this yourself manually, of course, but using SW is cool) and then transfer the disc and track names. Should be possible. The problem is I don't have two machines to test with, but with some luck we can make it work anyway without too many problems. We will see when I get that far. :-) 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, M1JWR said:

how many decks have you got kevin !!!!

 

1 minute ago, NGY said:

I guess sooner or later he needs to write a little algorithm just to count them ;-) .

Oh darn, the boys have been keeping an eye on me this morning :-D

I think most are listed on my profile (I think...!). But then you lot keep encouraging me to watch more on eBay!

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

So yes, as I was saying before I got my cover blown... I have two E12 joined in a rack (well only ‘cos I haven’t added the third ;-) :

090D6929-E3EC-476B-953F-2ED80AF46A6B.jpeg          E81A4CCA-1F2D-4372-87F1-46903CF1D4D8.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites

tip of the iceberg kevin, even i dont have any pro rack mounted jobs. though i probably will be ahead of you with jb series decks

apologies for thread hi jack

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, M1JWR said:

tip of the iceberg kevin, even i dont have any pro rack mounted jobs. though i probably will be ahead of you with jb series decks

apologies for thread hi jack

No hijack - nice to see a few friends on the thread, seems I'm being watched (eh, Chris... ;-) ! Eeeek!

Actually my apols to the OP, it seems I'm the one heading towards a thread and project hijack!

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, zedstarr said:

Nice. PAT tested too :-D

Yes, other equipment was done on 1/Jan. Jeez, it was cold in the shed! Such is life... how sad!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, M1JWR said:

only have one pat tested the jb980, september 2007, if there are others i cant remember off hand

They are Class II, nothing to test really. Inspection is key. As these machines have transformers then you could do an insulation test with the probe on the metal case, but there is little to be gained with this, you can spot the main faults with your in-built test equipment (your eyes).

Of course, I take care of my equipment and ensure it is in a safe state. This is common sense. This kit is only really formally inspected and tested because (a) I'm a pedant and like to button things up (b) strictly it's needed for me to take my kit into the halls we use for our shows.

No I don't "PAT test" my house equipment, I'm not that bad! (Well I might if I did a repair to something where putting it on the tester makes sense).

I don't want to talk about "PAT testers". Such discussions can be better covered by others, like BigClive.

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, kgallen said:

No hijack - nice to see a few friends on the thread, seems I'm being watched (eh, Chris... ;-) ! Eeeek!

Actually my apols to the OP, it seems I'm the one heading towards a thread and project hijack!

Haha, no problem whatsoever. =) I hope I will get my hands on an E12 too, soon. :-)

Link to post
Share on other sites

you have a lot more portables than i have, i have a mz r909, bought in the boomtime, around 2007, mint came with all its kit and 5 xsiv discs, 4 unused £20 all in, and a mz-n1 also with all its kit same price area, its at a friends house, has been for a long time, you know the score, will never see it again !!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, M1JWR said:

you have a lot more portables than i have

4 of these are "for" the kids - I bought a pair but had issues with them (so are now sitting in a drawer) so ended up buying another pair that thankfully work. The only portable I use is my MZ-R700 which I've had from new (maybe 2000), which I have in the office at work [not been there for some months now with the C* thing] with my stack of "legacy audio media" as my colleague call my pedestal drawer full of minidiscs...

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, kgallen said:

No hijack - nice to see a few friends on the thread, seems I'm being watched (eh, Chris... ;-) ! Eeeek!

Actually my apols to the OP, it seems I'm the one heading towards a thread and project hijack!

I must have something set somewhere (default?) I heard a beep and saw a notification "kgallen mentioned you in a thread" ;-) And yes, this tab has survived in my browser since Feb!
More importantly perhaps can I add my apologies for contributing to hijackingness ;-)

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, zedstarr said:

More importantly perhaps can I add my apologies for contributing to hijackingness ;-)

Whatever, we're now "HOT HOT HOT" so @JonasE gets some kudos for his thread :-D

image.png

(ps Sorry @zedstarr for waking you from your MD slumber! Let's ping you again :-D )

Link to post
Share on other sites

Worked a bit on this yesterday evening and I now am through the specification. Removed some bugs, optimized a bit... The code is still crappy and probably a few bugs are still lurking around, but now it works good enough to start making the real application. I will try to resolve annoying bugs along the way. :-)

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...