Vanished Australia Topic

Rate this topic

lyceemoliere

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

There have been a few MD advertisements and usually in prime time TV. But Sony do not advertise as much, as for instance Apple. Not sure why but its common of Sony not to advertise that much. Maybe it has sometime to do with the short life cycle?

Maybe Sony's ego has gotten in the way with accepting that other companies can be a threat *cough* SAMSUNG *cough*

One thing I've noticed is that Apple spend a LOT of money on advertising irritating, Puerile, overrated devices. When there is a lull in the marketing blitz (as there needs to be, otherwise, OVERLOAD!), I see less people using iPods. I really don't understand how people can be swayed to buy an inferior product by a bunsh of sillhouettes that dance like how idol contestants sing i.e. VERY POORLY.

There are 3 certanties in this world. Death is inevitable. Taxes are inevitable. iPod owners are insecure tools.

Maybe Sony's ego has gotten in the way with accepting that other companies can be a threat *cough* SAMSUNG *cough*

One thing I've noticed is that Apple spend a LOT of money on advertising irritating, Puerile, overrated devices. When there is a lull in the marketing blitz (as there needs to be, otherwise, OVERLOAD!), I see less people using iPods. I really don't understand how people can be swayed to buy an inferior product by a bunsh of sillhouettes that dance like how idol contestants sing i.e. VERY POORLY.

There are 3 certanties in this world. Death is inevitable. Taxes are inevitable. iPod owners are insecure tools.

PCManiac,

A little reality check is in order here.

Death is being postponed more and more each day,

The rich still don't pay taxes

AND

The iPod has 72% of the world market of portable music player while is selling 1000,000 ( one million) songs per day and growing. ( the envy of every company including Sony and Microsoft.

Hiding one's head in the sand will not make this last fact go away.

Sony lost the music war due to greed and not learning from their past. A locked/ proprietary system be it superior technology or not is not what the market wants . The market has spoken, Sony has lost millions over the past years as a result of their ATRAC /encryption blunder and lack of vision. As the t-shirt says: Does not play well with others

I have loved Sony and their products but hate the lack of compatability and closed system.

• 2 months later...

I hate the fact they use inches and yards etc as well as their measurement of weight, stones, and ounces and. Just about the whole of europe uses metric except for england. I get people where i work asking how much is that in inches and i say about 3 cm to the inch, and i get, i want it exactly - bah.