• Broadband 1mb
    • Broadband 2mb
    • Broadband 3mb
    • Broadband 4mb
    • Broadband 5mb
    • Broadband 6mb
    • Broadband 7mb
    • Broadband 8mb

ADSL 256kpbs speed i have ,Thats all i can get in India at cheaper rates.Right now i can get around 2mb In India but only if i`m ready to pay $200 per month....

But broadband users are getting more & more speed at cheaper rates as the competition in the market grows.I`m hopefull that i will get 1mb speed at the same rate at which right now i`m` getting 256kpbs by June 2006..

I`m paying Rs250 only around $5.68 in US dollars.I know many of You will laughing how cheap it is.It is because of competition & some good policies by goverment as well.

Can others tell me how much they are paying?.Just for Information

edit#2

Correction it is Rs250 + Rs 80+ 10.2% taxes= Rs364 or Around $8

& allowed to download 400mb after that i need to pay extra

BUT for searching & downloading some mp3s its enough for me

Edited by Stuge

Well here in Ireland I have 2mb download speed and 1mb upload.This costs 54 euro a month and with that I've got a 16Gb download allowance.But I want more speed than what I have at the moment.

That's expensive - as is the UK I think - my 8MB down 1MB up costs around 75 euro a month of which 42 is not paid by me. It is always on with no download limitations, 50MB homepage space, 4 mailboxes with 5 addresses each, free firewall, server side virus scanner and spam filter. This will be upgraded free of charge to 12MB download later this year.

Edited by richyhu

That's expensive - as is the UK I think - my 8MB down 1MB up costs around 75 euro a month of which 42 is not paid by me. It is always on with no download limitations, 50MB homepage space, 4 mailboxes with 5 addresses each, free firewall, server side virus scanner and spam filter. This will be upgraded free of charge to 12MB download later this year.

meh, those features are just gimmicks really i would've thought. I have all of that with norton pretty much, except the address's and home page which i dont need. That may be a really good price, but if you're a home user, paying sky tv, as well as broadband, it adds up.

do u want the extra speed for work bazzz or other stuff :ol_bah: ?

Edited by mercury_in_flames

meh, those features are just gimmicks really i would've thought. I have all of that with norton pretty much, except the address's and home page which i dont need. That may be a really good price, but if you're a home user, paying sky tv, as well as broadband, it adds up.

do u want the extra speed for work bazzz or other stuff  :ol_bah: ?

I'd just like the extra speed for other things,but knowing the ISP I'm using it could take awhile for them to upgrade their speeds.Plus where I live at the moment is monopolized by my ISP so right now I don't have many options :ol_sad:

do u want the extra speed for work bazzz or other stuff  :ol_bah: ?

Sure I of course have my own av software and spam blocker but another level on the server helps cut down on some of the junk that reaches me. There are all-in -one packages over here from cable companies, but the speed is not really as good as ADSL.

I do a lot of up / and downloading for work transferring large files and databases so the speed is very welcome - but of course it's great to have it for my own use as well.

• 3 weeks later...