My ipod died

Rate this topic

inovermyhead

My 4G 20 gig ipod is not working after two years of solid abuse. During file transfers my ipod hard drive turns on and off over and over and eventually locks up my comptuer until I disconnect the ipod. I have tried closing the ipod software then connecting the ipod, then re-opening ipod software, but alas, the same problem occurs. Honestly, I am fine with it because it gives me an excuse to upgrade to hi-mid. I use the word upgrade because I really do like mini-discs better than hard drive or flash based mp3 players. But I would like to get my ipod to work if I don't have to pay money to fix it, hehe. anyway...

peace,

Donald

My 4G 20 gig ipod is not working after two years of solid abuse. During file transfers my ipod hard drive turns on and off over and over and eventually locks up my comptuer until I disconnect the ipod. I have tried closing the ipod software then connecting the ipod, then re-opening ipod software, but alas, the same problem occurs. Honestly, I am fine with it because it gives me an excuse to upgrade to hi-mid. I use the word upgrade because I really do like mini-discs better than hard drive or flash based mp3 players. But I would like to get my ipod to work if I don't have to pay money to fix it, hehe. anyway...

peace,

Donald

Buy a HI MD , your iPod will never record like an RH1 , nor will it be as reliable,You might not be able to play games on the Md but that isnt what the MD is about ,....It's about the sound baby.

And yes ... the RH1 will play mp3's

Edited by Guitarfxr

peace,

Donald

Have you tried resetting it? http://www.reset-ipod.com/

You'd be better asking this question on a iPod forum.

Edited by Sparky191

Lol, two years is about right for an iPod. Too many iPods have died near the two year mark, that's one reason why I never ever even bother considering about one, no matter what it does. I'm sure you will appreciate the improved SQ Hi-MD offers over an iPod.

Lol, two years is about right for an iPod. Too many iPods have died near the two year mark, that's one reason why I never ever even bother considering about one, no matter what it does. I'm sure you will appreciate the improved SQ Hi-MD offers over an iPod.

My MZ-R50 , is still going strong , what , thats is like Ten years or so ...... I think? My MZ-R70 was 6 years old and still working when I sold it to someone who need a MD right away, Um Daily listening , I have a MZ-E25 , and an E50 that stay in the backpack those are 10? 12 years back????? someone correct me ,

MD for sure. With the sound quality and reliability of my MZ-NF510D, I'd highly recommend MD to anyone looking for a portable media player. It was a very low end model, and well, it has put up with a lot and it's still working 100%. No problems what so ever.

I have an iPod Nano and already I'm having some stupid problems. The battery is starting to show it's sign of age.

they have "Dollar Stores" in Japan!!!!?? or are they really "Yen Stores";; lol..

anyways;; you can buy an eyeglass repair kit with a few different size screws in them..

We have the "Hyaku en Shop" or 100 yen shop , and the 99 yen shop , And I am constantly in them , the quality of stuff in there would blow your mind , the first time I went in one I sounded like a commercial "This Is A DOLLAR???????"

most of my boxes for my md's came from there

You abuse your iPod, and now it broke. Gee, how that could have happened... Why don't you save up some money and get the 2G iPod nano. They're flash based so they won't break as easily as hard-drive based iPods. You can definitely move to HiMD (if you can still find a unit), but if you're used to iPods, prepare for some re-learning (Sonicstage, slow transfer, etc). Oh, you don't want to pay money, so why don't you just steal or mug someone. It's probably easier to find a person with an iPod than a person with MD. Or maybe you should take better care of your expensive gadgets. :P MD/HiMD is not indestructible either, especially if you only have 1 unit for both recording/data transfer and playback.

the only fix for a broken i-pod is a "No-Pod"..

.... soooo,, i go bring my brother to a VA Hospital for a Disability Hearing;; and there were NO i-pods anywheres;; it was amazing,,

i was the "talk" of the cafeteria/canteen with my Hi-MD;; oh,, and when i offered to "Record" my brothers hearing with my Hi-MD PCM quality;; like NON-i-pod quality;; i raised some eye-brows;; but my brother said no;; as the VD defense shivered..

seemed they KNOW what they cudda been up against..

my brother admitted it would have been GOOD to record it all'' as they were recording also.. (i wasn't there to see what ancient relic they were recording with;; probably a cassette deck..)

another notch for MY (rayzray) Hi-MD..

oh,, it took my brother 1 1/2 hours for the hearing;; i was having sooooo much fweakin fun with my Hi-MD (non-ipod) that i told him he could stay another 1 1/2..!!

Edited by rayzray

hahaha a "no pod" I actually really like ipods, and I have thought about getting a flash based ipod, maybe a shuffle. I actually took very good care of my 4g though. I bought a really sturdy play through case and don't remember dropping it. The actual ipod has no scratches on it, lol, but it doesn't work.

Right now, awaiting the arrival of my new rh1, I have been using my old mz-n707 for daily listening usage. I am planning on switching between the rh1 and 707 depending on what I need for the day. I, oddly enough, am loving the return to everyday minidisc use after 2 years of using it only for recording.

The best thing I think about using minidisc is that I don't have 5000 songs on me at all times. I only listened to about 1/4 of the songs on my ipod in 2 years of use.

ok,, so i have 4 hours of great music on a DVD-R (by chapters);; and put it in a portable DVD player in my van;; transmit the signal to the radio;; i now have 4 hours of great music in my van..

oh,, then i change the disc;; oh,, there's 6 hours on that one..

and,, it SAVES the wear and tear on my Hi-MD by not using it in the Van..

late edit]] ok,, so my wife says::"why does it take 4 hours for you to go get a gallon of milk??"

my Van is a "Party on Wheels"..

Edited by rayzray