Glossy Minidiscs - labeling made EASY - finally!

Rate this topic

Ok, nevermind my Ultimate method for labeling minidiscs for the future thread.. I have finally found THE solution! (I think).

Ok... basically the idea began when the latest brand roll of contact paper I bought was not to my pleasing (it was cloudier than my last brand). So all this fuss about cutting/snipping glossy photo paper, the effort required to align it on the MD with the contact paper just right, etc was starting to get old, and after all of that, the GLOSS look and sharpness was DULLED by the contact paper.

Solution?

I decided to hunt on line for GLOSSY LABELS based on the measurements of MD labels, and the CLOSEST thing I could find was White High Gloss

1 1/2 x 2" Rectangle inkjet labels 100 sheets even!! For about $40 USD. Folks, there are 25 labels PER SHEET - so that's 2500 glossy labels for 40 bucks!!! I think I'm set.

lt9575large.gif

Ok, I have always found glossy labels on my CD-Rs to be much more durable and less prone to scratching, etc, so I'm not going to bother with covering these with any kind of extra layer. This makes the whole process VERY SIMPLE and QUICK. I do, however, think these labels are prone to bleeding if exposed to LIQUID... um... if you are exposing your MDs to liquid then we need to talk ANYWAY. :P

Oh, and I've been so sick of dealing with European (no offense) A4 paper! LOL... the point here is I have found a GENERIC label for NO SPECIFIC item so it shouldn't suddenly become obsolete.

So here are the pics, enjoy. NO, they are NOT the perfect shape... they are a TAD shorter, and a TAD wider, but compared to some other people's generic labels I've seen (floppy disc? or VHS?) that are so much SMALLER, I prefer to have a little more art room, especially in the WIDTH due to titles.

PRINT, PEEL, and STICK. :D

What do you all think??

glossy.jpg

glossy2.jpg

ash.jpg

surgeon.jpg

the60.jpg

babble.jpg

67516_bmb2_122_946lo.jpg

67510_bmb1_122_45lo.jpg

mia.jpg

Edited by theblueraja

WOW !!! That is almost a perfect fit !!!!! I Luv it !!!!!!

What program do you use for setting up the images to print? and is there anything Mac compatable!

those are Perfect Raj , u da MAN !

from the website

"White High Gloss

1 1/2 x 2 Rectangle

LT9575-25JHG

Archival quality acid-free photo labels for use through Inkjet, Laser and Color Laser Printers! These photo gloss sheets have a total thickness of 7 mils with a brightness rating of 92 and are backed with permanent adhesive. They feature a resin based coating that locks in inks immediately & are extremely smudge proof even when moisture is present. For best performance select a paper mode setting equivalent to Photo Paper or higher."

Edited by Guitarfxr

Hey Raj , Thank you so much for this post , I visited the website , dowloaded the doc file for several templates , I have NeoOffice on the Mac , and guess what , they opened perfectly , now all I have to do is go buy some paper , .....oh , hmmm and a Mac compatable printer.

I think the only way to get a perfect fit would be to make a Cookie cutter the exact size and use non cut solid sticky back glossy paper , so what Raj has here , is basically as good as it Can get , In a template form. I gotta get a new printer , this is too cool.

Edited by Guitarfxr

Hey Raj , Thank you so much for this post , I visited the website , dowloaded the doc file for several templates , I have NeoOffice on the Mac , and guess what , they opened perfectly , now all I have to do is go buy some paper , .....oh , hmmm and a Mac compatable printer.

I think the only way to get a perfect fit would be to make a Cookie cutter the exact size and use non cut solid sticky back glossy paper , so what Raj has here , is basically as good as it Can get , In a template form. I gotta get a new printer , this is too cool.

YAY! I'm so glad someone else will benefit from this!! :)

Yeah, though not a PERFECT fit, it sure is darn close. And believe me, having a template, pre-cut label sheet saves SO MUCH TIME!! Yeah u need to get a printer and get busy :P

YAY! I'm so glad someone else will benefit from this!! :)

Yeah, though not a PERFECT fit, it sure is darn close. And believe me, having a template, pre-cut label sheet saves SO MUCH TIME!! Yeah u need to get a printer and get busy :P

with over 300 discs to label , ........... I hope the printers has at least a one year warranty , cause i will prolly break it in the first two months

LOL

Hmm. This sure looks great but can I get this glossy paper in the UK?

I just quickly browsed that site and it doesn't look like they ship out of North America... however don't you need A4 paper?? I would just do a Google search with "glossy label paper" and "inkjet" and "A4" and try to find the closest measurements to the 1.5 x 2".

• 3 weeks later...

I just quickly browsed that site and it doesn't look like they ship out of North America... however don't you need A4 paper?? I would just do a Google search with "glossy label paper" and "inkjet" and "A4" and try to find the closest measurements to the 1.5 x 2".

We have A4 here , no prob , and the docs open , just getting a printer that will fit my place ( small flat compartment type printer of decent quality and mac compatable ) ............ok I know I just asked the impossible.

• 9 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

They no longer have those Labels WAHHHHHHHH , 404 error when clicking that link

GOOD NEWS, they DO still have them... they just reorganized their web site.

NEW LINK to 1 1/2 x 2 Glossy label sheets ;)

I'll update the head of this thread.

As far as the labels sfbp asked about, 1) they are LASER printer labels... I don't have a laser printer and 2) they are not glossy.

GOOD NEWS, they DO still have them... they just reorganized their web site.

NEW LINK to 1 1/2 x 2 Glossy label sheets ;)

I'll update the head of this thread.

As far as the labels sfbp asked about, 1) they are LASER printer labels... I don't have a laser printer and 2) they are not glossy.

THX Raja , May the Fleas of a Thousand Camels infest the armpits of your enemies !!!

• 1 year later...