Sony MDS-JE780 remote?

Rate this topic

jflaco1

Judging by pictures of the 780's remote, it looks like it was supplied with the RM-D29M which is the same remote that came with my MDS-JE530. As far as I'm aware, this remote was used on many Sony decks. It is a slimmer, cut down remote that replaced the RM-D7M (which has a full keyboard rather than the three chacters per button mobile phone style setup of the later model) supplied with many earlier decks.

I also have one of the earlier remotes from my MDS-JE510 and that operates the newer deck without any problems so you should find that most functions will be controllable on your deck with any given Sony MD deck remote.

If I were you I would ORDER a Sony RM-VL600 like this one

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Sony-RMVL600-MultiBrand-Universal-8-Device-Learning-Remote-Control-RM-VL600-/220943993919

And then try to borrow someone else's remote controller so you can teach it. Mind u, I think that device does come with a fair amount of pre-programmed stuff about MD in it. Yeah there are codes 7001 and 7002 for Sony MD decks.

Stephen

PS I have uploaded the manual and codes to the downloads section. This device is VERY flexible.