oh the joys of little sisters

Rate this topic

Me an my little sister are both getting sony MZ-n510 md recorders. I picked it out because of the price tag and the usb function. But because we bought them both in silver... :sad: oh NOOOOOOO!!! the big mistake.... theres no difference between them (exept i shopped around for mine and its £30 cheaper : P) so i thought i'd let my "creative" side loose and adapt the player. Any ideas? will paint reck the finish or whatever? how about a printed cover?? huh.gif

sooo err yeah, as i say, the joys of having a little sister..... :sleep:

Couldn't you take one back and swap it for another colour? The blue and red ones look good IMO.

However a lot of people have successfully custom painted their MD-units. You'd have to take off the outer casing first, which would void your warranty, so you really need to know what you're doing (and to put it back together again).

kool, and i bought it off ebay so i cant take it back. and i dont think i get a warranty anyway *thinks* but with the outer casing, is there a website to give directions for things like this, as it hasnt arrived yet i cant see how easy this would be. I just wanted to get ahead and get some blanks drawn up etc etc

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

if you just make a little signature (by painting) like a little dragon in the corner or something? it wont ruin by painting it a whole new colour but will give a unique design on it as well. then get some varnish or something to protect it.

reminder: remember, if doing so, practice the drawing and then apply the outline with the thinnest brush you can find (try going to a games workshop store) and then fill in your master piece with other colours then go to further detail. all done.

....or a sticker would do

• 2 weeks later...