FM Transmitter that works!

Rate this topic

Jenna

I finnally found a FM transmitter that works...The Nexxtech USB model available at all radio shack's. I have tried probably 6 of these things and they never seemed to work. This unit locks into a station and never fades..it has a little distortion at low volume, but in a car, who really listens at low volume.

I also listen to a lot of radio off my PC at home, and this works for that as well. It says it has a 10M distance but it is more like 50-70. I can drive down the street and still listen.

I just put it on and it sends the signal to every radio in the house.

To me this makes the MD experience soooo much better.

Edited by Jenna

I finnally found a FM transmitter that works...The Nexxtech USB model available at all radio shack's.  I have tried probably 6 of these things and they never seemed to work. This unit locks into a station and never fades..it has a little distortion at low volume,  but in a car, who really listens at low volume.

I also listen to a lot of radio off my PC at home, and this works for that as well. It says it has a 10M distance but it is more like 50-70. I can drive down the street and still listen.

I just put it on and it sends the signal to every radio in the house.

To me this makes the MD experience soooo much better.

I work at a Radioshack and I cannot find this model or any FM transmitter that plugs into the USB port. The only ones that I can find plug into the headphone jack and either need batteries or a power cord. I've been hoping to find one that runs off of the players batteries as I assume yours does since it is USB

http://www.radioshack.ca/estore/Product.as...product=2610510

This transmitter does not play off the players batteries. It is self powered through your pc or laptop though.

I work at a Radioshack and I cannot find this model or any FM transmitter that plugs into the USB port.  The only ones that I can find plug into the headphone jack and either need batteries or a power cord.  I've been hoping to find one that runs off of the players batteries as I assume yours does since it is USB

That's the "housing for the usb connector" It is where you put the batteries or input the power cord. The Usb connector has a mini stereo input that you can hook up to any audio device.

Like I said before, this thing has is very powerful. I can hear it clearly at my neigbours house if I tune the radio to the right station and I can hear it down the street as I drive. I use it for streaming audio at home all day, and NEVER lose reception. I can scan some pics if anyone wants to see more.

So how's it work from your md?  It looks/reads like it's only USB... what's the grey/large-ish unit in the left of the pic in the link you posted?

Even if it's USB onl, though... it would be great for sending music around the apartment... playing from the vast HD archives or streaming audio.

Edited by Jenna

• 9 months later...

I love it. Thanks for the tip; I'm getting one today. :)

I just checked the site of Circuite City the source store in Canada. The are selling USB FM Transmitter that transmits from your computer to your FM radio is only for $ 29.99. Good price no batteries no hassels...... enjoy it

I just checked the site of Circuite City the source store in Canada. The are selling USB FM Transmitter that transmits from your computer to your FM radio is only for $ 29.99. Good price no batteries no hassels...... enjoy it

http://www.thesourcecc.com/estore/Product....product=2610510

www.thesourcecc.com and search for USB FM Transmitter great price good job......but keep in mind I did not buy it yet as I am going tomorrow ........

http://www.thesourcecc.com/estore/Product....product=2610510

www.thesourcecc.com and search for USB FM Transmitter great price good job......but keep in mind I did not buy it yet as I am going tomorrow ........

Hayyyyyyyyyyyyyy I bought it its great very clear sound quality in the house (I am playing everything from my computer and can listen it on my FM radio...... you can set different frequencies. It can also be used with or without USB port computer or your can use it with any of your players with audio output... Believe me sound quality is very good its excellent (I have my own radio station).

Buy it enjoy it. It is very important to have it.

hi, I bought from the source circuit city, calgary the brand is Nexxtech as I mentiond above. its great I love it. very clear sound it works about 3 houses distance from my house. range , price and sound quality is good and it comes with USB or 12 volt (not included) may also be used.

Affan ,Calgary

NEXXTECH USB FM TRANSMITTER

No earphones, no PC speakers, no wire to link audio sources PDA, MP3, MD, CD players to any car or home radio. Just enjoy the music with no equipment limit. Includes an extremely stable transmission by frequency phase-lock loop, USB bus powered links, dip switch for channel selection, red power LED display etc. Operation distance up to 10 metres.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You Pay: $29.99

The Source By Circuit City Credit Card price: $28.49

www.thesourcecc.com/estore/Product.aspx?language=en-CA&catalog=Online&category=Notebook+Accessories&product=2610510

Affan from Calgary

I have had my eye on the AudiaX Wireless FM Transmitter (DGT-201)for MP3 Players. I've seen no mention

of it in this thread, anyone have personal experience with it?

Battery powered only, no USB connection, but will broadcast -anywhere- on the FM band. I only use

rechargable NIMH's anyway, so I' not worried about excess battery costs.

Good description of it here:

http://www.minidisc.com.au/product_info.ph...products_id=537

Also check out other links here:

http://froogle.google.com/froogle?q=DGT-20...h+Froogle&hl=en

- pfflamingo -

• 2 weeks later...

I just bought the ccrane model. As with all ccrance stuff I have purchased, it is well made and pricey. I bought the mobility kit also. I followed the directions on the Internet to crank up the output power and it works well. I live in the DC area and our dial is pretty crowded. I can put it on an open freq between two strong stations and it works like a champ. It tunes the entire FM band and does everything you need. I am not humping their product and hope you can find something that meets your need at a lower price, but if you want to make one purchase and get the job done, I don't think you can beat ccrane.

• 2 months later...

I baught this Nexxtech USB FM transmitter. The manual was missing, and I tried my best to set it up, it didn't work. Can anyone please tell me what is the procedure. I tried listening in all channels in my radio with caution, but at one particular frequency I got very feeble and really light sound of the song I played on my PC. Tell me what frequency I should tune into.

Thank you.

Muni

Hayyyyyyyyyyyyyy I bought it its great very clear sound quality in the house (I am playing everything from my computer and can listen it on my FM radio...... you can set different frequencies. It can also be used with or without USB port computer or your can use it with any of your players with audio output... Believe me sound quality is very good its excellent (I have my own radio station).

Buy it enjoy it. It is very important to have it.

• 11 months later...