Remote Choice For 2nd Gen Hi-md Units

Rate this topic

Guest tony wong

remote choice for 2nd gen Hi-MD units  

1. 1. remote choice for 2nd gen Hi-MD units

• RM-MC4xELK(bigger)[img]http://www.ecat.sony.co.jp/products/picture/large/RM-MC40ELK.jpg[/img]
    • RM-MC3xELK(smaller)[img]http://www.ecat.sony.co.jp/products/picture/large/RM-MC35ELK.jpg[/img]

Guest tony wong

for me, very personal opinion :

40ELK looks very stupid, and it is too big.....

but it seems there some searching abilities missing if u have the smaller remote control(3xELK)

what's ur opinion and choice?

as far as I know : not until the moment u see the stock finally in ur local store, the choice of remote control and manual is not preset

yes, that will mean at such a early times, for the 2nd gen, u still can fight for what u want for the remote control

Between the two of them in style I prefer the 40 style with three lines, easier to scroll eaiser to read, and see all the details at once that I want. I dont find it that much bigger, actually it feels a bit shorter (have to check this, dont have the 33 with me), so I dont knock it around as much

Guest tony wong

On the same topic, is a 40ELK worth the £50/60 odd quid it costs to buy it?

I was looking at getting one for my NH700, but I'm unsure about the price.

(I can afford it, but it seems a lot for a remote...)

u should ask somebody else to try this first(maybe someone in this forum)

although it seems that 40ELK will work for NH700, but no one can guaranteed until really try it in reality

u should ask somebody else to try this first(maybe someone in this forum)

although it seems that 40ELK will work for NH700, but no one can guaranteed until really try it in reality

maybe not reality, but the World tourist model of the NH700 is supplied with the 40ELK -- and looking at stock photos from sony's eCatalog site, it appears to work properly w/ the NH700

Jyler, audiocubes sells the 40ELK remote for about £42-ish -- but that's before shipping, and well, you're back at square one there.

Guest tony wong

The poll results are clearly indicitive that the 40ELK would be a superior accessory. They didn't include it because second generation needed to be cost effective to raise attractiveness, and on unit functionality is much better this time around.

no, no one can be sure at this moment on which model of remote control will be equipped with 2nd gen Hi-MD units

believe, remote + handphone/earphone and manual is the latest thing into consideration for pushing out a Sony model

these 3 things can change at any moment

I have the Sony RM-MC33EL attatched to my Sony MZ-NH600D and it works BEAUTIFULLY! Every function I could want on a remote so I don't have to use the player. I can even turn the unit on and off with the remote.

If I get another Hi-MD player/recorder (keeping a close eye on the supposed MP3 native playback enabled units), the RM-MC33EL may just have to migrate to the new unit smile.gif