What Are You Eating or What Have You Just Eaten?

Rate this topic

atrain

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread died in the big MDCF-crash in April... but the subject was quite funny and I'm actually interested what in the different parts of world is considered a PC-snack!

as my first post, this might be a bit disappointing, but I'm a bit sick (have got a mean cold) at the moment...

so I'm munching on some toast and OXO-soup (beef broth), had some tea and throatmints before...

[attachmentid=344][attachmentid=345]

So, just let those menus coming

Greeting, Volta...and enjoy your meal

post-5301-1118143641_thumb.jpg

post-5301-1118143654_thumb.jpg

Edited by The Low Volta

Just had a fruit salad with yoghurt on top.

Normally have a Milo (for those who don't know what this is it is a energy drink... little bits of choc coloured stuff :S in milk) Atrain will know what I am on about tongue.gif And once, I spilt it all over my new keyboard! :@ Big hassle!

Don't normally eat 'dirty, sticky, oily' foods while on the pc, as I dun like the mouse and keys to be all slimy... if you know what I mean tongue.gif

My dad will also have a cry if he sees me eating near the PC... quite stupid tongue.gif

Over the last couple of nights I've had a hankering for cheese. Don't ask why... I can't sleep properly. I get up at 3AM and scoff a whole 250g block of camenbert or brie...

NOW they tell me cheese is full of sodium...

MZ-NH1, your sig sounds like something one of my music teachers would have said to me back in the old days...

I can't sleep properly. I get up at 3AM and scoff a whole 250g block of camenbert or brie...

well, that would explain part of your sleeping problem laugh.gif I don't have a clue why you wake at 3am, but I sure know why you can't sleep afterwards tongue.gif

I'm snacking on a tray of eight takoyaki. It is a dumpling with octopus in the center and a sauce on top with fish shavings. Luckily an old girlfriend didn't tell me what I was eating the first time I had 'em or I probably wouldn't have given takoyaki a try. They are delicious and available every evening outside my train station.

I'm snacking on a tray of eight takoyaki.  It is a dumpling with octopus in the center and a sauce on top with fish shavings.  Luckily an old girlfriend didn't tell me what I was eating the first time I had 'em or I probably wouldn't have given takoyaki a try.  They are delicious and available every evening outside my train station.

Mein gott!!! I so miss takoyaki!! wink.gif

I'm snacking on a tray of eight takoyaki... They are delicious and available every evening outside my train station.

darn, what I would pay to have such a stand near me! rolleyes.gif

but in a supermarket near me, they have this fresh sushi stand and every day someone is in there filling plastic boxes with everything you order... not really cheap, but yummy!

*edit: haha...just noticed the google ads above this thread! don't know about your region, but here it is all filled with diet and home-recipy ads! way to go for a MINIDISC forum laugh.gif

Edited by The Low Volta

just made myself some pasta pesto with fresh homegrown rucola as a late lunch (it was about 15.30 local time) and now I will have an espresso and some nougat (nothing like an Italian diet to get over a sore throat wink.gif )

what is a rucola? is it like a wild rocket? small christmas tree shaped green slad leaf, pepper taste?

yes indeed ...untill 10 years ago anywhere but in Italy exclusively known as some sort of unwanted weeds. But it sure tastes great on pizzas or in salads and pastas

I must say that (except for some with a good taste in junk food tongue.gif ) the cullinary standards for MDCF seem to rise with the number of members! Wasn't the old thread mostly about some sort of choc/caramel-candy bar?

we should exchange recipies laugh.gif

just about to cook me some dürum (the Turkish version of tortillia or enchillada or something):

-strips of lam or chicken, grilled

-lots of fresh raw vegetables (carrots, corn, lettace, white&red cabbage, paprika, ramanas (a white and large type of radish), cuecumber,...whatever I can find)

-some hot sauce (originally with white garlic sauce, but I do have a girlfriend and I would like to keep her)

-throw it all in a 'pancake' (made of unrisen wheat dough)

-roll up and eat up

great, they sell 'em at kebabshops (is actually a version of kebab) but they taste that much better when you make them yourself