Every Live8 Performance In *.mov (video) Format

Rate this topic

Christopher

I have Mozilla

strange, I use firefox and I can right-click the song-title and select 'save as'... works like a charm!

does take some time to d/l though... but great collection and an even better tip, thanks k. for another addictive timewaster while I really should be writing laugh.gif

Volta

PS: MZ-NH1, I just saw you wrote: "the move comes up using QuickTime, I right mouse click, and Save Target is blanked out"... have you tried right clicking the song-title in the list? (and not the QT-player itself)

Edited by The Low Volta

it works in the Micro$oft browser, if that doesn't work

Go into internet tools or options and don't let the browser run Activex and plugins, it should save now as it is likely the Quicktime plugin secretly watches the browser ending with .mov and screws up the browser everytime it wants to download a .mov only the full version of Quicktime saves video too and the shareware one is more of a pest than useful

or

Go "view page source" with the browser and look for the phrase ".mov" and copy that address to a download tool and download it, often this would not be the actual video so if the .mov is unnaturally small open the unnaturally small .mov with notepad and look for the address of the whole video which can be copied into a downloader

Edited by tartan

For some reason... in I.E, I can't even get the movies to open up in a new window :|

It doesn't really bother me though... and tartan, I tried what you said about Options --> Tools... what that did is download the movie through the browser... which took quite a while..

So i'll just leave it.

The thing is, I have never been able to Save As QuickTime Movies on the net... wink.gif

Thanks for the link; pretty comprehensive!

Regarding QT: Do you have a a QT icon in the system tray? If so, turn it off. After that, maybe reinstall the newest standalone version (without iTunes) from:

http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/standalone/

My Firefox works perfectly for saving. Another option would be to open explorer behind firefox. Click and drag the link directly into a folder and it should save it there.

Best of luck!

daremo your way worked!

Thanks very much!!!!

Bri, I will get the latest update as well. I was never able to dl QT by itself without iTunes! But now I can, thanks! Opps... I speak too soon tongue.gif

When you go download QuickTime, it comes up then saying, QT with iTunes for Win XP, or QT for Win98 sad.gif...

now downloading the Quick Time Player.

ohmy.gif Oh no, you HAVE to get iTunes as well??? mad.gif

Found a site http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/standalone.html. Is 6.5 the latest Windows version?

Thanks guys

I opened up 10 of the links... and I think I have taken all the bandwitch away from AOL tongue.gif... taken yonks to load them tongue.gif

Done 100mb in 1 min sofar

Does anyone know if you can transform .mov (QuickTime) files to Windows Media Player files?

1 more thing... When I click a link for the video.. it opens up and starts to download the video... even when it has downloaded all the video, and I go Page Info, and then Save Media, it downloads the whole thing again :|

Any way to stop this? Do I have to make QuickTime Save files to cache?

Because I then have to download everythign twice tongue.gif

Edited by MZ-NH1

I was just asking whether it can be done tongue.gif

But obviously you think it wouldn't be a good idea, so I won't do it.

Lastest verision is 7... ok.. I have 6.5.. and go Update, and it says all components up to date...

Anyone know where I can get JUST QT V7.x from?

Any ideas on how to stop me downloading two versions of the clip? It auto downloads the cip in the browser, then when I go Save Target, it saves the whole clip again :|

I was just asking whether it can be done tongue.gif

But obviously you think it wouldn't be a good idea, so I won't do it.

that's not exactly what I mean. if the file is going to be personal use. you can transform .mov to any format as you see fit. but if you plan to distribute the file, then we gonna have a big problem here. tongue.gif

you see, I use Mac, (assuming I only have quick time player), if you transform the file into .wmv, then my quicktime player can't even play. now, let's say if you transform .mov (since it's quicktime native format) encode with Divx into .avi. (more universal format). The video clip can be play with VLC, and VLC support all sorts OSs. besides, I heard that .wmv is worst than .avi.

did that make sense to you? lol.. don't rely on stuffs that came from Mr. Gate's company too much..MZ-NH1.. laugh.gif

ColdPlay's rendition of Bittersweet Symphony

that one drew my attention right away (first one I watched) and I really love it!

I have to add though that I haven't had time to view a lot of them...

Ahaha yeh Kaotic I hear ya tongue.gif

Yeh Coldplay for sure is a good 1. I was only able to listen to the first 8... as I only have a 10GB download limit for Broadband per month... so I'll have to wait till the last day before I can download all clips I like sad.giftongue.gif

I dunno if it me, but the web site ain't working!!!!!!

Any just today, my ISP reset everyone's usage.. so I got unlimited uasge again sad.gif

Any one get the links that were posted on the web site.. to other sites that backedup the vids incase this happened?

Or know where I can get them all from?

It looks like the site provider may have taken it down, possibly for "Rights Reasons".

However if you have successfully used the site before, you may have a cached copy of the page in your "Temporary Internet Files" folder, and you may be able to extract the still-valid URLs from it.

This is working for me at the moment ....

I pasted the URL into FlashGet and hit "Download" wink.gif

Best of luck!

Edited by Mr_Bass_Man

So far I have downloaded 20 files... got another 120 files queued for the last day of the month! tongue.gif

I hope AOL will still be streaming them, or I will have wasted 30 mins of my time entering in all the details for the download manager!

• 3 weeks later...

Just wondering guys. In windows media player, you can create a playlist, so that after each video/song has finished playing, then it moves onto the next one in the list straight away, and you don't have to get up and change the song or anything.

Does Quick Time have anything like this? Because all I want to do is have the videos streaming on the pc for the whole day... yet after each video has finished, I have to double click the next video... is there anyway I can get them to play one after the other!?