SS 3.4 - Cannot transfer

Rate this topic

Jumpman23

Hey all. Just upgraded to SS 3.4 - was looking forward to the unlimited transfers.

However, when I try to transfer anything from my MD to 'My Library', all the software does is refresh itself and doesn't transfer the song/folder. I was able to transfer back when I had SS 3.3. I have reinstalled 3.4 but still have the same trouble. Any ideas on why this happening?

Cheers for any help,

Jonny.

Edited by Jonny23

Hey all. Just upgraded to SS 3.4 - was looking forward to the unlimited transfers.

However, when I try to transfer anything from my MD to 'My Library', all the software does is refresh itself and doesn't transfer the song/folder. I was able to transfer back when I had SS 3.3. I have reinstalled 3.4 but still have the same trouble. Any ideas on why this happening?

Cheers for any help,

Jonny.

if the track is already in your library when you attempt transfer, it will do a quick "delete-the-track-on-MD-and-refresh-MD-tracklist" action. In which case you'll of course get one less song on your MD. (Stupid Sony).

Aside from that, I don't know.

Cheers for any help,

Jonny.

I am getting exactly the same problem. Live concert recordings I have made via Line-In using PCM sound will not transfer. As you say SS3.4 just refreshes itself. Have uninstalled, re-installed etc but the problem remains. Rolling back to SS 3.3 and they will upload OK (but of course have that stupid 'only once' upload restriction on them.

I am getting exactly the same problem. Live concert recordings I have made via Line-In using PCM sound will not transfer. As you say SS3.4 just refreshes itself. Have uninstalled, re-installed etc but the problem remains. Rolling back to SS 3.3 and they will upload OK (but of course have that stupid 'only once' upload restriction on them.

Are they already in your library though - you didn't say? If so, as has already been explained you can't re-upload the same tracks.

Are they already in your library though - you didn't say? If so, as has already been explained you can't re-upload the same tracks.

Hi Rich,

Nope, brand new recording which I was attempting to upload for the first time.

I have also just made a load of test recordings, (mics > Batt box > line-in) and none of them will transfer either. They appear in the transfer window OK, and can be played in SonicStage, but click the transfer button and the window just refreshes. Not even an error message.

Incidentally, I uninstalled 3.4, re-installed 3.3, and had exactly the same problem. In the end I actually had to do a system restore to roll-back before 3.4 was ever installed. My recording then transferred in SS3.3 just as they have always done.

Gary

I read the post for the new SS and though to myself cool. So I download and install SS 3.4 so that I would have more options with my Hi-MD. But I find out that now I have to intiallize my HD-5 in order to be recogized with SS 3.4 I only had 3000 or so songs download since I purchased it last week. No big deal since I was going to organize my playlist better anyway. But you can go into the Sonic Stage folder under packages/optimized files and drag them back to Sonic Stage and transfer them all over again without having to burn new CD's

I'm having the same problem. This is really frustrating! Anyone out there know how to fix this? I noticed that, when I try to transfer a track from my MD, some sort of message (probably the old message indicating a transfer in progress) flashes too quickly to read in the little status box, then the progress bar goes completely green, suggesting a completed transfer. All this happens in the blink of an eye. The track doesn't get transferred, of course. I'm wondering if there's some sort of buffer file or intermediate transfer file that's sitting out there and doesn't get removed, so that Sonicstage thinks the transfer is complete. I don't know. Just speculating.

Does anyone know how I can go back to version 3.2 or 3.3?

Thanks,

Steve

Cheers for any help,

Jonny.

• 3 weeks later...

I am still having trouble uploading recordings, and these are not already in My Library.

I tried a full uninstall of SS3.4, deleted all related files, installed again - same problem.

Uninstalled again, installed 2.1 then tried to upgrade to 3.4 - wouldnt let me.

Uninstalled 2.1, installed 3.2, installed 3.4 over this - still cannot upload.

Can anyone help me? Are there some hidden files in Windows I should delete?

Thanks to anyone with an idea.