MZ-RH910 battery life

Rate this topic

lalomania

Hi,

Im planning to buy a MZ-RH910 and wanted to know what is the playback time of the MD without the External "AA" Dry Battery Case (-> only the NH-14WM battery).

And what is the battery life -> how much time i can recharge the battery before replacing it.

THANKS A LOT! :D love the forum.

Edit: In the subtitled it was supposed to say:

All i ever find on websites is:

"Up to 34.5 Hours continuous playback with Rechargeable Battery and one "AA" battery"

which didnt fit.

Edited by lalomania

Appart from the screen is the RH10 different from the RH910?

Raintheory has the answer for you:

http://forums.minidisc.org/index.php?s=&am...st&p=102158

PS Searching this forum for old threads comparing MD units would help you out a lot and get your questions answered faster and in more detail. ;)

I have owned my RH910 for over a year and I get 8 hours of playback..... IT SUCKS!!!! then the AA side cart adds to the size of the unit.... it's very annoying.... if you NEED the live recording capabilities get it.... if all you want is a music player (no live recording) get a MZ-RH710 or MZ-DH710 (DH in the U.S.)

I own the 910 and I get on the average 8-10 hrs of playback with a say a mix of 75% 352 files and 25% 256 files. The size of the files matter in the amount of playback time.

Unless you have a job that you work more than 8hrs a day and listen to music the entire time, this should be fine for you. I griped at first about the short play time , you'll get use to it.

Also, the first 4 or 5 charges the play time is alot shorter. Just remember to discharge the battery until the unit shuts off these first handful of times to get a good charge.

Finally you can always can buy more gumsticks batteries their not that rare, you may even be able to pick them up locally.POE

I don't want to HAVE to remember to charge it everyday.

I know what you mean. That's what I hate about my HD5. Yes, I said HD5. The supposed 40 hours of playback were lost on my player. Either the battery came severely defective, or Sony plainly lied. It probably does approximately half that. I love that my NHF800 can take AA batteries. I know I will have to buy extra batteries for my upcoming NH900 and/or NH1. It's beautiful when you can go somewhere listening to a device on AA, switch to recording, and then simply load a fresh AA battery to listen to music again. I honestly have no idea what the AA add-on catridge for the NH900 looks like. Just how big is it? I hope it's quite small, not much larger than the battery itself. I can see how annoying using a cartridge with the RH10 and RH910 could be. Those units are THICK.

I honestly have no idea what the AA add-on catridge for the NH900 looks like. Just how big is it? I hope it's quite small, not much larger than the battery itself. I can see how annoying using a cartridge with the RH10 and RH910 could be. Those units are THICK.

Dun dun dunnnnnn. The cartridge makes them all fatties.

IPB Image

Dun dun dunnnnnn. The cartridge makes them all fatties.

IPB Image

You will get anywhere from 8-14 hours, depending on the sound quality (64kbps will last longer than say, 256kbps). And whether you have quick mode on or whatever.