A good case for MZ-RH1

Rate this topic

EsJee

yah... i knew it was the case that came packaged with some of the Mz-N10 units... but i can't find any info on the bag itself.... closest I've come was that it can be ordered from http://servicesales.sel.sony.com/web/index.jsp with the part number 322830011 but there isn't any other info saying that its the correct bag, and the picture thats provided on that site seems like it was meant to be viewed with a magnifying glass. :( anyone got more info on it or any other good bags?

Why not just make one , some leather , an awl , layout and stitch it .

the picture is a good guide , it is just one peice folded over and two side pieces sown in

wouldnt take long . Hobby shop or craft store would have the materials

the picture is a good guide , it is just one peice folded over and two side pieces sown in

stitch? trip to hobby shop? thats way too many steps already.... "click buy" thats what i need :P

But sticth trip , would cost less and look cool , I will do one and put pics up

Please do! ^_^

but yah... i ordered that case from that other thread from the sony accessory site... hopefully its the right one *crosses fingers*

• 1 month later...

My biggest issue with the whole mini disc platform is the lack of decent cases. This case for the MZ-N10 looks really cool, but where in the hell do we buy it from? I tried the link at http://servicesales.sel.sony.com/web/index.jsp but it's not coming up for me.

I wish Sony would have made 1 f'g decent case for the Hi-MD models and shipped them with every damn unit regardless of the country you are in. The grey pouch I received with my RH10 is useless. I want a case which allows me to clip my unit onto my belt so I can at least do a workout or take a frikin walk down the street!

If anyone has an updated link pointing to some place you can buy this N10 case or a similar sort of case (ie, slim case with a bely clip and some openings on the side for the ear plugs) that would be great.

I'll tell ya, the main reasons I own a Hi-MD player is because I can do some quality recording in the field as well as play some mp3s. If they sold iPods or other quality MP3 players with a mic input or a decent on board microphone, I would dump this mini disc platform right away.

You'd think after all these damn years, Sony would have realized that a lack of a decent case would prohibit people from fully enjoying these units, and being able to use them on the go without worrying about scratching/damaging them.

This md case situation is as if we are a bunch of pro bowlers stuck with carrying around our bownling balls in tennis bags because nobody makes a customized professional case for them. :wacko:

Edited by gizard

I'll tell ya, the main reasons I own a Hi-MD player is because I can do some quality recording in the field as well as play some mp3s. If they sold iPods or other quality MP3 players with a mic input or a decent on board microphone, I would dump this mini disc platform right away.

When you get ready to dump it send it to me ok . Mp3 recorders with mic ins already exist , and in good Quality and Quantity .

Edirol R-09

Zoom H4 & H2

Sanyo has a New PCM recorder , shirt pocket sized

and a bunch of other , lots of accessories for iPod are available now thru Belkin and others for Stereo mic in as well as line in .

so no excuses , go ahead dump it , just let me have it when you do

When you get ready to dump it send it to me ok . Mp3 recorders with mic ins already exist , and in good Quality and Quantity .

Edirol R-09

Zoom H4 & H2

Sanyo has a New PCM recorder , shirt pocket sized

None of those units are MP3 players.

so no excuses , go ahead dump it , just let me have it when you do

Yeah I'll get right on that dick head. Thanks for the smart ass response.

Edited by gizard

None of those units are MP3 players.

Yeah I'll get right on that dick head. Thanks for the smart ass response.

Yes the R-09 is an mp3 player , read the specs , Zoom is also MP3 compatable , Sanyo plays MP3 PCM ,Ogg Vorbis,WMA , and whatever else

iPod is a Fashion accessory ,

and you are an undereducated blow hard .

If you only knew who I am .. ROTF LMAO . but that is ok by me , my knowledge has spoken for itself on these boards and the amount of help I have given ( not Taken)

You are going to come on here Flaming , you wont be here long . If you wish to have a discussion well that is a different story .

But you need to read up a little IMHO , There are probaly 120 different mp3 players on the market that offer recording via line input direct to mp3 encoding , and you come saying that there arent any otherwise you would dump one of the best recording technologies invented.

just Buy a Rolls MX-34 portable Mic Preamp , and any generic MP3 player with a line in and your good to go , if that is what you want .

Try not to blow a gasket ok, but go do some research

Edited by Guitarfxr

Well said! I second that emotion and attest to being a recipient of aforementioned help.

And while your there in Baltimore , go down to the Cove and get a Quizno's for me , with extra Black olives . God I wish we had a Quizno's here in Japan

Thx

Edited by Guitarfxr

You'd think after all these damn years, Sony would have realized that a lack of a decent case would prohibit people from fully enjoying these units, and being able to use them on the go without worrying about scratching/damaging them.

Agreed on the case issue, that's why I go with vintage 1990s Case Logic Cassette and MiniDisc cases and belt packs instead, because if Sony won't provide one then we have no other choice than to go third-party aftermarket on this one.

This md case situation is as if we are a bunch of pro bowlers stuck with carrying around our bowling balls in tennis bags because nobody makes a customized professional case for them. :wacko:

As for the pro bowling thing, I happen to be both a hardcore PBA Bowling fan http://www.PBA.com and also a die-hard bowler, and have been for many years, I used to watch the old ABC Sports Professional Bowlers Tour series with Chris Schenkel (R.I.P.) since the mid-70s until its end in 1997, and continue to watch the Denny's PBA Tour on ESPN during its 20-event season. When it comes to the all-custom look, even though I am only a league player and not necessarily a great 10-time tour champion like Tommy Jones or a Hall Of Famer with 8 majors like Pete Weber, I DO like the 'custom" look, after all you that you cannot be a great player with a mere house ball and $1.50 rental shoes, I agree with that.

Yes the R-09 is an mp3 player , read the specs , Zoom is also MP3 compatable , Sanyo plays MP3 PCM ,Ogg Vorbis,WMA , and whatever else

iPod is a Fashion accessory , ...

I think you are too confident in your Jedi powers. The R-09 is not an MP3 player. It is a professional digital recorder. Of course it may be able to play the recorded materials or ones copied to the unit, but in the traditional sense of MP3 player, that it is not.

and you are an undereducated blow hard .

If you only knew who I am .. ROTF LMAO . but that is ok by me , my knowledge has spoken for itself on these boards and the amount of help I have given ( not Taken)

You call me arrogant? Listen to yourself!

You're pretty arrogant too.

You are going to come on here Flaming , you wont be here long . If you wish to have a discussion well that is a different story .

I never came on here flaming anyone. If you didn't like how I responded to *you*, try not to be a condescending smart ass.

But you need to read up a little IMHO , There are probaly 120 different mp3 players on the market that offer recording via line input direct to mp3 encoding , and you come saying that there arent any otherwise you would dump one of the best recording technologies invented.

I am well aware of many different "MP3 players" on the market. But I said MIC input not Line Input. Why don't you give me the names of a few MP3 Players (ie. ones popular with consumers) which come with MIC inputs. Line in is not really intended for a MICROPHONE and I don't want to have to lug around a pre-amp unit. Also, give me the names of some MP3 players on the market which have built in microphones which can record in high sensitivity (ie. designed to record the noise in a room, not just the immediate person's voice). Again, I am asking for MP3 player, not a $400 professional digital recorder.

If you do your research, you will find the choices are very limited.

I am not a big fan of the iPod either, but your idea of it being a "fashion accessory" is utter nonsense.

I agree that the Mini Disc is one of the best platforms if not the best, but if you read my original post properly you would have understood that I was complaining about the lack of a decent CASE. I wasn't complaining about the Mini Disc in terms of it's technology. The lack of the case so I can use the thing on the go, or while working out, that's what concerns me. You didn't even mention anything about that.

We have the same problem. I like the pouch, but it doesn't provide enough protection.

Interesting you should say that. I keep my MZ-RH10 in the pouch. I put it on top of a "table" that stood about 5 ft from the concrete. I moved and the mindisc went dropping right onto the concrete. Blam! I was thinking the entire thing was cracked and dented. I pulled the unit out and amazingly it's still working as well as it did before it dropped. Not one single scratch or sign of being dropped. Amazing.

Gizard , I read your post THOUROUGHLY the first time,

You came on with an attitude , F'g this Gdm that , Yada yadas to the endth degree.

then have the audacity to insult the crap out of the VERY thing theses boards are designed around ,.... The MD by saying The FIrst thing you would do is Dump it . and then you got mad at ME ???? The number of iPod attachments like the MicroMemo http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/4597...ital_Audio.html, and Belkins iTalkPro , all have stereo mic input an record either Line or mic , Just Google " Handheld Digital Recorders,mp3 " and see what you get . it will be over 2 million results , and among them is Olympus (With stereo mic inputs) Sanyo (with Stereo Mic Inputs) Sony ( with Stereo mic inputs) Here , I will lead you directly to a good one, the Olympus D2 , Very nice machine for what it does (exept it isnt mp3 ), and Builtin Sereo mics . http://www0.epinions.com/Olympus_DS_2_Voic...isplay_~reviews

furthermore , I am not Arrogant , I have a history , I have a knowledge that I earned , it isnt borrowed from someone else . and I generally speak what is well thought of , but I will admit a tendency to pounce on someone who doesnt know what they are talking about , but is trying to come off as though they DO!

You want to challenge me on the tech side , but you didnt even look at where I live ...... The Technology Mecca !! Japan !!! I walk thru an Electronics shop here and see on ONE SHELF , probably 50 handheld recorders with mp3 ability or direct mp3 recording , ALL of them having Stereo mic Inputs , and Several of them PCM Ability straight to WAV 24 Bit 96khz ..... and fit in your shirt pocket . Here is one , Sanyo Direct to MP3 , built in Mics, SD Slot for expandable memory builtin 256 mb buffer so if your card gets full , and very long battery life http://us.sanyo.com/business/dictation/dig...?productID=1211

And for PCM go get this one http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/portable-media/...r-bs-238390.php and this one http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/gadgets/ces-200...daps-226357.php

and a plethora of others , for people who arent to "F'g" lazy ...... to go do some research !

I revert to my id :

" The ways of the Source .....hmmm , in this one , see it .... I do not . Much anger in this one I do see , hmmm yeeesss , the Way of the Dark side ,in this one I see . .... NO Train we will not ! a Danger to the Source is this one , Fearing Not the Source , control , none has he .

Mind , very clouded ,...... hmmmM? Not ready ...... is this one."

Edited by Guitarfxr

For the gentleman looking for a case, go to a camera store, try a Kipling bag, they come in all shapes and sizes, go to flea markets, go to phone stores, some cell phone cases are large enough for a MD player. Just be peaceful and enjoy

Bob

Guitarfxr, you're too sensitive! I didn't mean to hurt your feelings by coming on here and using a few profanities, I was just a little frustrated over the case issue that's all. I hope you can dig that.

Anyway, thanks for your attempted help nonetheless.

For the gentleman looking for a case, go to a camera store, try a Kipling bag, they come in all shapes and sizes, go to flea markets, go to phone stores, some cell phone cases are large enough for a MD player. Just be peaceful and enjoy

Bob

No actually I found a good one.. that case for the MZ-N10 looks very nice. I'll try to order it from the Sony site.

It would be nice if Sony made a glove like case with, with a soft transparent section so you could see the display or use some of the controls. If you are familiar with the leather style case Creative once made for their Nomad Jukebox, that would would be what I am talking about. You could basically keep it in that thing all the time and use it, as well as clipping it to your belt.

Guitarfxr, you're too sensitive! I didn't mean to hurt your feelings by coming on here and using a few profanities, I was just a little frustrated over the case issue that's all. I hope you can dig that.

Anyway, thanks for your attempted help nonetheless.

No actually I found a good one.. that case for the MZ-N10 looks very nice. I'll try to order it from the Sony site.

It would be nice if Sony made a glove like case with, with a soft transparent section so you could see the display or use some of the controls. If you are familiar with the leather style case Creative once made for their Nomad Jukebox, that would would be what I am talking about. You could basically keep it in that thing all the time and use it, as well as clipping it to your belt.

For a Belt Klipable case just go to a Photagraphy shop where you are , and look thru the Filter cases , tough neoprene just about the right size , and have klips on them , and cost you about 5-6 dollars

For a Belt Klipable case just go to a Photagraphy shop where you are , and look thru the Filter cases , tough neoprene just about the right size , and have klips on them , and cost you about 5-6 dollars

Thanks for the tip. Btw, sorry for calling you a dick head.