mcca555

Which is better  

1 member has voted

1. 1. NW-HD5 or NW-A3000

• NW-HD5
    • NW-A3000

Question

i want one of these

i been waiting to get the NW-HD5 since summer '05 and im getting ridiculously tired of not being able to GET ONE!!!!

Sony may be on the works of new HDD mp3 players but by the time they hit the U.S i will probably be another one of them people who gets an ipod video

no i dont like ipod put at least they are at the stores

sorry about the rant i just want to see which does better in this poll to see if i cant get a cheap NW-HD5 then i might as well get the NW-A3000 for about $350 on ebay

16 answers to this question

You should be able to get an HD5 for around $200 US or so on eBay, I'd say. Out of the HD5 and the A though, I'd probably want the A, just becaues I think the HD5 looks seriously stupid LOL.

Personally I put the HD3 in my choices and easily picked that since you can buy one lightly used for less than half what an A3000 costs new (and it isn't easy to find an A3000 used so forget about that).

HD5[H] for me for a few reasons:

1. can use my 40ELK remote

2. can get spare batteries

3. slightly better battery life

4. comes in 30GB variety

5. didn't get on well with OLED display on my e407 outdoors so a little doubtful about A series usage outside.

6. don't have to use Connect player [ :o ].

mal.

The only reason why i;d get the a3000 over my hd5 is just because of the higher bit rates it can take now. The reason why I wouldnt is because of the lower batt life, how its more of a hassle to remove the battery, and how the unit looks worn quicker. Sure, ive got a small dent in the back of my hd5, but thats just because i chuck it into my backpack and stuff. I guess its just what you do; if you take care of ur hd5 like an a3000, i think the hd5 would look better for longer, sans scratches. Oh yeah, and BIG one; it CAN use the rm-mc40elk. This means you can keep the hd5 safe in your pocket all the time and not have to get annoyed about only having a few basic operations like on the remote of the a3000.

Edited by mercury_in_flames

I believe the same remotes work on the NW-A3000, I am using the RM-MC35ELK

I think the NW-A3000 may actually be more robust - yes it will scratch but it won't dent, and mine has no scratches yet with use of soft case since day 1.

Battery life is brilliant, never run down on me yet.

30GB got to be better, but 20 is enough for me.

But I wouldn't have turned down a bargain NW-HD5, but my A3000 was a free gift from Sony (because they messed up my Vaio laptop repair!)

Edited by alfablue

yes indeed - they offered me a discontinued digital camera, a 40gb Vaio portable music thingy, or an NW-A3000. It did make me wonder if this was a sign of their own feelings about the product!

Maybe Vaio-Europe thought they would get me off their backs by diverting me to the Walkman support team! It has probably worked!

Edited by alfablue

HD5 all the way!!!!

Only for the fact you don't have to use sonic stage or connect player.

I love the MP3 File Manager for it's simple use and quickness.

My girlfriend has the NW-A1000 and we have had alot of problems with the new connect player software.