ML_SONY

otiasj

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi!

It would be great indeed,

the source files are on sourceforge you need a subversion program to download it (like tortoise svn).

Or you can just browse the http version (see "subversion" menu on mlsony's sourceforge page)

fill free to use them debug them and create any program you want!

Hi there,

I might be in the wrong thread here but I have been looking for a way to play the files on my NWA1000 in winamp, directly if nothing else, mainly because I currently use it for playing everything else and keeping tabs of what i listen to...

I know that I CAN play the oma files directly off of the device in winamp by accessing them through the harddrive mechanism. This works fine (as long as sonicstage/sony connect is installed for the codec) but since winamp doesnt recognise the file format... it doesnt get the tag information which is important for me because I like to send this info to other apps (like msn now-playing).

I was wondering if you had made any progress on playing the tracks directly from the player.. if not I wouldn't mind lending a hand (I have formidible c/c++ skills).

Sorry, I realise now that it is already possible to play directly from the player using your plugin (which is awesome btw)...

Do you think it would be possible to relay the tag information about the playing track to winamp? (i.e so that the name and artist show up on the player interface and can be used for other things?)

Thanks!

hey, i have just tried out the plugin but i get a message first saying 'mismatch in system files'! i looked at readme and it said something about deleting files that dont match dates so i did that. But now it says no database found. What should my next step be? I have a NW-HD5 if that helps. Thank You very much, desperate to get this to work as i cant stand sonicstage

hey, i have just tried out the plugin but i get a message first saying 'mismatch in system files'! i looked at readme and it said something about deleting files that dont match dates so i did that. But now it says no database found. What should my next step be? I have a NW-HD5 if that helps. Thank You very much, desperate to get this to work as i cant stand sonicstage

try this: delete all .DAT but keep 04CNTINF.DAT. put a new song on the player and it is ok again, whe hope.

I remember seeing a link somewhere to a description of the file system on the network walkman. I'm trying to work on building a windows explorer like file manager for the NW-A1000/3000 so if anyone still has this link It'd be really useful.

Also has anyone else on here written up how the file system works?

Thanks for your help,

-Daryl.

just ried and i got the 'mismatch in system files' again? am i doing this properlly. I have put the ml_sony in the plugins folder. and i have installed MP3 File Manager with the DvID.dat file. do i need to do anything else?

I do not know if this is a must, but you can try.

install GYM and follow the instructions of gym. Maybe it works than????

http://clientes.netvisao.pt/~sonygym/

Your best solution now will be to initialise the HD5 and start from scratch to copy all the mp3s over again using ml_sony. I can only guess that by deleting a .dat file somewhere the player no longer recognises the current mp3s as valid. Stupid Sony copy protection :sad: . You'll probably find you'll need to re-initialise more than you like until more of the bugs in plugin are solved if you regularly add and remove albums. Even so this plugin is so much better than Sonicstage!

Edited by f1rick

What do you mean by initialise the HD5? ive used sonicstage all the time so not very technical when it comes to mp3 players? I do have to delete a .dat file everytime or the mp3 player says mismatch in system files. so i delete the 2000.dat file as all the others are 2006! thanks for all the help people are giving me. it is much appreciated :D

Initialise means format because the ml_sony plugin has not been designed to be compatible with sonicstage. There is a menu on the walkman that will do this, you will lose all music on the player though. Make sure you have a backup!! It will essentially be like when you bought the player from the shop, empty! Then you'll have to follow the ml_sony guide to make the correct folders and install mp3 file manager. Then use winamp to re-copy all the music back to the walkman. This will be much quicker than using Sonicstage. But if you are adding/removing albums and songs frequently the artist/album list will eventually become jumbled up because the plugin is only alpha and still in development. Contains bugs! Which will mean you'll have to re-initialise the player and start again to get them back in order. If this all seems a bit daunting you might be best to stick to Sonicstage until the plugin has had more development time. Unfortunately, the only way I know to start your music playing again will be to initialise the player and re-transfer it all because of the 'cannot play track error' message.

Initialise means format because the ml_sony plugin has not been designed to be compatible with sonicstage. There is a menu on the walkman that will do this, you will lose all music on the player though. Make sure you have a backup!! It will essentially be like when you bought the player from the shop, empty! Then you'll have to follow the ml_sony guide to make the correct folders and install mp3 file manager. Then use winamp to re-copy all the music back to the walkman. This will be much quicker than using Sonicstage. But if you are adding/removing albums and songs frequently the artist/album list will eventually become jumbled up because the plugin is only alpha and still in development. Contains bugs! Which will mean you'll have to re-initialise the player and start again to get them back in order. If this all seems a bit daunting you might be best to stick to Sonicstage until the plugin has had more development time. Unfortunately, the only way I know to start your music playing again will be to initialise the player and re-transfer it all because of the 'cannot play track error' message.

I dont think you have to format te player. Just delete all files in OMGAUDIO, or rename OMGAUDIO. Then make a file called 04CNTINF.DAT in it.

You can read about it in the FAQ: http://www.atraclife.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1623

By formating the player you lose also GYM en mp3filemanager. And yes you have to put al songs on the player again. But that is going fast and normaly easy with this plugin.

I realy like the drag and drop function.

Edited by Auke

hello all, first sorry for my bad english. I'm a new owner of a nw-a3000 and i try to use the ml_sony plugin. I read the readme.txt and install the ml-sony.dll in my winamp\plugins directory. I see it in the list of media library plugins but i can't see my sony device when i right click -> send to in the media library !!!

I use winamp 5.24 full free version. Just for info, i only a lot of + in my debug_ml_sony.log.

Do someone have any idea of the problem and a solution ?

Thanks for your answers

Edited by d3n1s

Otherwise, solutions to rebuild the database:

1)First make a backup of your OMGAUDIO/*.DAT files

2)first solution : go to your OMGAUDIO dir and sort the files by date.

You should see some files are correctly dated and others have a strange old date like 2000/01/01 or something like that.

Delete the files with the old date (those files are generated by the player)

Then just unplug your player and let it regenerate the database.

3)second solution : go to your OMGAUDIO dir and delete every DAT files EXCEPT 04CNTINF.DAT

launch ml_sony it should rebuild your database

If it does not work just copy back the DAT files from your backup

THANKS!! Almost gave up and reformatted a third time. This is a great program and hopefully if you too are having a a smooth transfer, but a no database found on the player this trick worked perfectly!

I'm sorry, but I just can't figure out how to use this ml_sony.dll plugin. I've put it in winamp/plugins folder, but nothing happens. I have my E305 player plugged in and mp3 file manager installed, but I don't see any screens or menus that allow me to transfer songs between winamp and my player. Can someone please help this noob out? Pretty please? :sad:

Hi i've got an sony nw-e95, i saw you were working at a plugin and i wanted to give it a trie, but i've got a few questions.

1. Is the nw-95 supported?

2. You are talking about a directory called "OMGAUDIO", i dont have that directory. Ive got only "ESYS" and in that directory you have the directory "NW-MP3" where the *.dat files are stored.

3. Filemanager is installed correctly (it was installed when i bought it) but i don't have a "DvId.dat" file.

This things make me worrieing if i should give this plugin a trie. I really want something like this. Portable winamp sounds also verry interesting with this plugin.

Can you help me?

thnx

Hello Micha-el,

You are the first user of Nw-95 to report here,

so no I don't think it is supported.

I can try to make it compatible but you will have to send a sample of your database.

0-make a backup of your device

1-format your device

2-launch sonicstage

3-without unplugging the device make a zip of the files created

4-add a few songs (with correct tagging)

5-still without unplugging the device make a zip of the files created

6-reformat/and restore the files to your device

send the zip files : saito_j at yahoo dot fr

It will take time so please be patient

If the format is too different support will not be available...

thank you

Hello Micha-el,

I took a look at the file you sent me but unfortunatly the file format is quite different :-(

Your player's format seem cool it's using xml (not sure if it is for the player or for the pc software)

I wish my player used xml, it would be so much easier

Well it's not like sony is coherent with it's software development :mellow:

see ya

Hi everyone.

I have made a little program that works just like windows explorer, well I'm not there yet, but I will try to come there. For now you can downlaod and upload MP3 files to/from your sony walkman with drag and drop I hope, downloading from sony must be in this program, but you can upload from windows explorer, have just tested it on the "bean". So if anyone is interested in this software please be welcome to test it.

A great thanks to otiasj, because this software comes from his code for the winamp plug-in, hope its OK with you otiasj?

And this software are as it is, so I cant hold responsible for anything that happens, so you should make a backup of your OMGAUDIO folder and then create a new one with an empty 04CNTINF.DAT file.

The buttons i the toolbar is not working so dont use them, the same is for the menu.

P.S. You have to put both files in the zip in the same folder.D.S.

Edited by Juppe

Ok my first impression:

1- Its not possible to transfer directories with mp3

2- Its not always clear when a file have been transferred.

3- Not all attemps to transfer works. (nothing happens)

4- Same problem that i have with ml-sony (no database, i have to delete all files but 04CNTINF.DAT. Put a file in it and its oke

5- Not possible to delete files

6- transferring a file from the player to PC works oke within the program. draging to explorer cause .oma file.

7- when transferring to pc program displays uploading to Sony (and its displays it very long same as 2.)

8- It seems to be compatibel with ml_Sony, mp3-filemanager and GYM

9- SonyWalkmanEplorer (is name correct or SonyWalkmanE(x)plorer)

Its very promising. I thank you for your attempt... Keep up the good work...

Edited by Auke

Thanks for the test, I really appreciate that.

I have not thought about it, but I shall see what I can do about it.

I know, I shall fix that in some way, right now I dont know how.

Shall look into that.

4- Same problem that i have with ml-sony (no database, i have to delete all files but 04CNTINF.DAT. Put a file in it and its oke

That i dont know how to fix, hope otiasj know this, because its his code that do that.

Will come in one of the next release, dont know when.

6- transferring a file from the player to PC works oke within the program. draging to explorer cause .oma file.

I dont know if I will ever fix that, because it will be a bit complicated to do that. Is it important to be able to do that????

7- when transferring to pc program displays uploading to Sony (and its displays it very long same as 2.)

I Know. (see 2 above)

Sounds good.

Misstyped, your is correct, SonyWalkmanExplorer or if anyone have a better name???

Remember that this is an early alpha.

I dont know if I will ever fix that, because it will be a bit complicated to do that. Is it important to be able to do that????

If the file is still .oma you can't play it on every computer.

Misstyped, your is correct, SonyWalkmanExplorer or if anyone have a better name???

Maybe SWEX (?) :D

Thanks for the test, I really appreciate that.

I have not thought about it, but I shall see what I can do about it.

I hope you do that. Whithout it, your programm is useless for me

I know, I shall fix that in some way, right now I dont know how.

Shall look into that.

That i dont know how to fix, hope otiasj know this, because its his code that do that.

I hope it will be fixed some time....

Will come in one of the next release, dont know when.

nice

No for me it is not important. I use GYM for that. and whitin your program it works also.

I Know. (see 2 above)

Sounds good.

Remember that this is an early alpha.

whe all know... It can only be better later on... Thank you

Bye

Hi all and thanks for all replies.

I think that SWEX sounds good, so I think it will be that.

I will not be albe to do anything about the program in two weeks because I will leave for holiday, but after that I shall go on with it.

Edited by Juppe

Juppe

The "SWEX" tool is just what I've been looking for, in the absence of either Windows drag and drop or a working MP3FM for the NW-E003F. I too have experienced the faults reported already mentioned, but if these can be overcome, give yourself a massive pat on the back!

Cheers, and hope the hols are going well.

MMK