A cheerful note

Rate this topic

bluecrab

Since I am seeing more than the usual amount of negativity here, I thought I mention that last night I whipped up a couple of nice comps CD > MD, using my MXD-D400, One was LP2 and the other SP. I listened to all 4 hours of them today. I am happy to report that the SQ on both was more than adequate, as played back thru my NAD C372, MDS-JA333ES, and Axioms. I'm typing this on an old eMAC that, like minidisc, has life left in it yet. All smiles here!

Since I am seeing more than the usual amount of negativity here, I thought I mention that last night I whipped up a couple of nice comps CD > MD, using my MXD-D400, One was LP2 and the other SP. I listened to all 4 hours of them today. I am happy to report that the SQ on both was more than adequate, as played back thru my NAD C372, MDS-JA333ES, and Axioms. I'm typing this on an old eMAC that, like minidisc, has life left in it yet. All smiles here!

Hmm the 333Es possibly the best fullsized classic MD there was.

bid for one on uk ebay recently but the price went up to somethin like

Yeah, I was reading through some of the other posts on here too and I agree that there seems to be some negativity going on around here lately.

I have alot of blank disks sitting around so my goal is try and make at least 2-3 MD's every month. Last year I wanted to try and do 1 a week but that fell through after January. Hopefully this year I can stick with my plan. I'm not an audiophile but I just love the idea of the minidisc. It just seems to make sense to me. I do record concerts on my MZ-M200 and then transfer them to my computer to edit them so I can put them on my ipod but I still like to listen to music on MD whenever I can.

Stay cheerful everybody.

The biggest priority in running a forum is making sure its a positive experience. If you think anyone is throwing an attitude please PM us..we will look into it and warn accordingly. I think its really great that a lot us still come around and I would hate to have a bad seed ruin what we've got going.

I haven't played a MD unit in a while but I think I want to go get my Sharp DS8 and listen to a couple of SP rips I have laying around somewhere..

• 3 months later...

Yea, I started with the MRZ50, what a tank... It still does a lot of my recording and playback. I have upgraded as well and I like the HiMD ability to record as a data disc from the computer.

I have read a couple articles where the owners still use the MD extensively and complain that they had an IPUD but it did not hold up and considered it a waste of money... Well thats what they said. They went on that the MD was working as well as the day they bought it and they use it for traveling as well and that they hold up to the abuse of travel. I agree wholly....

Now I am sure some IPUD users, former MD folk might not like the comment but hey, I am just the messenger and besides, even though SONY gave up on probably one of the best products they ever produced ( wink ) They are still strong her on the forum, and several other places I have been reading about too.

Keep those MDs spinning...

Hello all ! Want something else that's kinda cheerful ? How about a new MD user and a new member here ? XD

I just ordered my first MD unit (a MZ-RH1, of course) from Amazon, should be here tomorrow or something if all goes well.

I've always been kinda fascinated by the MD format, and I even got my hands on a friend's MZ-R700, but it wasn't working anymore. Seeing that I lost my Cowon S9 (which had a superb audio quality, far above everthing else I ever tried, I must say), and that the linux-minidisc project has reached a point where it seems capable of doing what I need, I thought it was time to take the plunge.

So here I am, a brand new "convert" this late in the game ! I can't wait for the player to get here...