(1)Don Quihote/Don Quixote

(2)Yodobashi

(3)Sakura-ya

(4)LAOX

(5)Itoyokado

(6) Sofmap

(7)Daico-Denki.co.jp

Basically anywhere that has a sale when I need a Minidisc

A2: But I usually like to buy my Minidisc units from Sakura-ya or on the net.

even fewer options locally here in Dublin, just Dixons & Argos. Online isn't really an option as postage works out too expensive

1) yodobashi camera-my favorite because they have a wide variety available and I can collect points on my point card.

2) ishimaru denki-I walk by one every day.

3) Don Quixote - fun place to go.

4) Convenient mart - every convenient mart carries the emeral blue sony md for those time when I need a disc in a pinch.

Guest NRen2k5

For Sony Colour Collection MD's, I shop at Fairview Shopping Centre (Pointe Claire). There, they can be found in SonyStore and Dumoulin Express.

Their selection sucks, though... piles and piles of Blues with some Reds and Greens but never anything else. Oh yeah, I get my Hi-MD's at SonyStore too.

Just across the street, at Future Shop, is where I occasionally stop for 3-packs of JVC Crystal Golds.

And just yesterday I found out a really lousy electronics shop near my school carries 4-packs of JVC 74-minute Crystal MD's.

Yup, that's all the choice I have! sad.gif

I usually pop down to the "West-End" of London for my 1GB disks. Tottenham Court Road to be precise for those who know London.

More or less everything MD and audio related in general can be found there, and quite often at good prices. Luckily I can walk there in my lunchtime...

I shall be looking in the windows there forlornly for the next Hi-MD generation machines to appear, rather in vain as they won't be expected for a while...

Might be difficult when they've been MIA/out of business for a while. tease.gif

I always buy my Minidiscs online, minidisco, sometimes Audiocubes, and whatever deals I can find through Froogle.

That's true Kurisu, I bought some MDs there. but their site seems to be long gone now.

1)  yodobashi camera-my favorite because they have a wide variety available and I can collect points on my point card...

3)  Don Quixote  -  fun place to go.

Amen! That is the truth! Yodobashi's point card is great!

Don Quixote also has a point/or members card, too. You will notice that there are often two prices on things, and if you use their members card you can get the lower price and save money!

I like those points laugh.gif ,

Mikami

I bought minidiscs at ...

01. Circuit City

What about Bestbuy? Are they still around and if they are do they still sell MD? I noticed that there was usually a Bestbuy right across from, or very close to, any circuit city I saw in the states. Someone, once told me you could order some MD stuff through Bestbuy, althought it would not be as fast or cheap as e-bay, I am guessing.

Till next time,

Mikami

The last one I got at a mom and pop store by the Mouse House (Disney). For some reason none of the major chains sell a MD with a mic or line in. What's the use of having a recorder you can't record with? All of my other MD recorders I got form Sears. Seriously. I get most of my blanks from there too....8)

I usually pop down to the "West-End" of London for my 1GB disks. Tottenham Court Road to be precise for those who know London.

More or less everything MD and audio related in general can be found there, and quite often at good prices. Luckily I can walk there in my lunchtime...

I shall be looking in the windows there forlornly for the next Hi-MD generation machines to appear, rather in vain as they won't be expected for a while...

You must tell me the preferred places to go in Tottenham Ct Rd.

I use Fairdeal 76 Whitechapel High Street. Well worth a visit - Take Cash sleep.gif

Edited by MusicBringer

Hi-Fi Surplus are one of my favourites. Ask are surpisingly good as well. Can't remember the name of the shop, but it's the one on the left of the Sony Galeria (which is itself to be avoided), but they me sell 1GB Hi-MD blanks for a fiver (though they're marked at £7.99). In general they're well worth a haggle...

Anyway, if you can take an afternoon stroll down TCR and the top of Oxford Street and visit as many hi-fi shops as you can before buying anything....