What have you just bought?

Rate this topic

mercury_in_flames

I Really like how the NH1 feels

It's definitely the best piece of hardware in the HiMD portables. I still regret not buying an RH1 while I was in Tokyo, only because of the manual level control setting remaining in memory for every recording initiated. Having said that, the RH1 just isn't built as solid as the NH1, which took a beating for over 3 years and never faltered ONCE. They are a brilliant unit.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MZ-E620 MD Player-a Japanese model.

Purchased this at Cash Converters for $33.

Also own a MZ-R700-a recorder to record MD's to play in the E620, so now I have both a MD recorder and player (the MC33EL remote also works on the R700).

Despite it being a Japan model, the remote has a English display and no charging stand was included probably because of Australia using 230v vs Japan's 100v-which is fine by me

Photo of the box and contents-MZ-E620,battery case,NH-WM14 battery, AA battery box and RM-MC33EL remote:

img0012rk8.jpg

Edited by A.A. Fussy

MZ-E620 MD Player-a Japanese model.

Purchased this at Cash Converters for $33.

Also own a MZ-R700-a recorder to record MD's to play in the E620, so now I have both a MD recorder and player (the MC33EL remote also works on the R700).

Despite it being a Japan model, the remote has a English display and no charging stand was included probably because of Australia using 230v vs Japan's 100v-which is fine by me

Photo of the box and contents-MZ-E620,battery case,NH-WM14 battery, AA battery box and RM-MC33EL remote:

img0012rk8.jpg

nice, good price too

Bob

Went to Hardoff yesterday with the Lead singer for" Ozark Road " after I had fixed his guitar ( again)

anyway found a MZ-R3 in perfect condition ( Listening to it now with my Yamaha headphones) Jackie Frost Trio ( first Albumn) playing

for 3,000 yen I got this

MZ-R3_01_low.jpg

In the Junk bin ( no check , damaged or accessories missing , buy at your own risk area of the store ) I found an MZ-E90, no charger , batt pack or remote . (I think I might have it somewhere !?!?)

Update ( I HAVE the remote !! , and a Batt Pack.....!!! )

for 500 yen , working perfectly , ( Dream Theater , Images and Words playing in it now to test it )

I got this

MZ-E90_W_01_low.jpg

also , an older Nikon F-801 SLR 35mm film camera in very good shape , works fine , loaded it with 100 speed chroma , for a first run .

All motor functions working AF working , Fully Manual as well

2,100 yen I got

Nikon_F801.jpg

Not a bad day at Hardoff ( Bob , when you coming over >????)

Edited by Guitarfxr

Went to Hardoff yesterday with the Lead singer for" Ozark Road " after I had fixed his guitar ( again)

anyway found a MZ-R3 in perfect condition ( Listening to it now with my Yamaha headphones) Jackie Frost Trio ( first Albumn) playing

for 3,000 yen I got this

MZ-R3_01_low.jpg

In the Junk bin ( no check , damaged or accessories missing , buy at your own risk area of the store ) I found an MZ-E90, no charger , batt pack or remote . (I think I might have it somewhere !?!?)

Update ( I HAVE the remote !! , and a Batt Pack.....!!! )

for 500 yen , working perfectly , ( Dream Theater , Images and Words playing in it now to test it )

I got this

MZ-E90_W_01_low.jpg

also , an older Nikon F-801 SLR 35mm film camera in very good shape , works fine , loaded it with 100 speed chroma , for a first run .

All motor functions working AF working , Fully Manual as well

2,100 yen I got

Nikon_F801.jpg

Not a bad day at Hardoff ( Bob , when you coming over >????)

This holiday and hurricane have depleted my traveling budget this year, and I will need extra yen for places like hard-off. I'm trying for a couple of better job options on the island, and if they pan out, should be able to make it mid to late 2009

Bob

I bought my second Sony MXD-D40 recently. CD>MD deck. This one replaced an MDS-JE480 at work. Nice to be able to play CDs too here (of course I could on my PC, but I prefer to not do that). The other D40 is at home, used mainly by my wife to listen to music while she does her editing. It's attached to powered speakers. The one here at work is attached to Sennheiser HD 202 'phones via a small Optimus integrated amp. There's also a Radio Shack switch that lets me listen to either the D40 or my PC by pushing a button.

I also finally found a Sherwood 7080R CD player.

7080R

I'd been looking for one for a couple of years, they are discontinued and hard to find. Found one for sale on Audiogon.

It has, as many reviewers have noted, great detail, although I think it's less "punchy" than my Marantz 5001.

BTW, there is some really great stuff on Audiogon. Wish I had more $$ to spend!

Audiogon

Hardoff .....AGAIN , NIB ( I mean everything sealed in Plastic, original twisty ties, no fingerprints ,Clean Box, NEW )

SONY TCD-D100 Portable DAT

TCD-D100-2.jpg

Along with the RM-D100K Remote kit , also NIB

image1747.jpg

I wont say the price , I will say that I am Happy about the deal , The price I told another member in an email , was changed , They had decided not to even check the unit , because they had no DAT tapes )

at a different Hardoff , in the Junk bin for 500 yen , was a WORKING ( listening to it now ) MZ-1 , with no accessories , I am using a Sega power supply

800px-Minidisc_Sony_MZ1.jpg

Edited by Guitarfxr

Hardoff .....AGAIN , NIB ( I mean everything sealed in Plastic, original twisty ties, no fingerprints ,Clean Box, NEW )

SONY TCD-D100 Portable DAT

TCD-D100-2.jpg

Along with the RM-D100K Remote kit , also NIB

image1747.jpg

I wont say the price , I will say that I am Happy about the deal , The price I told another member in an email , was changed , They had decided not to even check the unit , because they had no DAT tapes )

at a different Hardoff , in the Junk bin for 500 yen , was a WORKING ( listening to it now ) MZ-1 , with no accessories , I am using a Sega power supply

800px-Minidisc_Sony_MZ1.jpg

you lucky dog, have fun with your new toys,

Bob

I've bought yet another MZ-E105 (like I need that). I can't seem to ever find/win an auction for the 1GB version (E107) as the 105 must have been the most common / popular...but no biggie...I have one for music, another for talk. I figure I can stop buying them when I have spent what it would have cost to buy one new Nano, lol. I have already given a couple away to friends / family...they love them.

They are the perfect portable companion to the MZ-M200/RH1, as they will play back anything you can upload with those, as well as playing the new 3+ bitrates...and are small and indestructable.

So for me it's hard to resist them at $10-15 brand new (and it seems that the nation's unsold old stock of them has been hitting Ebay recently through supersellers).

They so kick the Nano's butt as a small portable for excercise, etc. and can play back all of the ATRAC stuff, of course! Best of all, using the E105 keeps my M200 mint - as it only leaves the computer area for live recording now.

Got a MDR-G61 for a $1 earlier this week while at a charity store.

Mine is the G61A version.

I fixed the plug end part of the cord with some tape because the rubber was worn off, then took off the fabric on each side and put a set of new black earpads we bought at Tandy..

It's very light and comfortable tlo wear for any period of time and sounds great too.

Edited by A.A. Fussy

• 3 weeks later...

I have a E105 as well-it's a nice ATRAC/MP3 Walkman.

Yep, nothing beats them. If I could change anything, I would want it to have a rechargeable internal battery and built in male USB connector like the Bean and a few of the other Sonys do...but otherwise it is near perfect for what it does. Question: do you know the specific bitrates it will play? Since later versions of SS have so many to choose from now, I find that occasionally something won't work in the 3+ choices. I guess the only way to be sure would be to install SS 3.0 on a test computer...unless you or someone else has a specific list.

Yes,

256 kbps

64 kbps

48 kbps

132 kbps

105 kbps

66 kbps

256 kbps

128 kbps

Some cassette players:

RP 200 SP all weather FM/AM cassette player:

img0111nb1.jpg

img0113hh6.jpg

Realistic Stereo-Mate SCP-24 FM/AM cassette player:

img0112fr1.jpg

This one is pretty-styled in a dark gray color.

SRS-NWT10M mini speaker for Walkman with WM-PORT:

img0100io5.jpg

Very very nice stuff there Sinus. Would love to read a review on the ESW10 headphones.

The classic turntable you went for too, nice. After a lot of trouble, a MK4 SL-1200 should be on its way to me :) Exactly the same as your MK2, except added 78rpm vinyl playback support.

Impressions on that headphone amp would be awesome too, fellow member Stuge is looking for one, and we might arrange a deal together, as availability of those devices where he is located is near to none-existent.

One can order it from headamp.com but after waiting so long I'd recommend buying it used (from head-fi for example).

• 2 weeks later...

Bought some Panasonic "D" size battery housings that hold a AA NiMH inside so you can use your rechargeable AA's in stuff that needs a D size battery ( My Sony TC-D5M )

they work GREAT !!

now - that is practical - i want to hunt for them in Providence electronic store - maybe Boston - i would even travel as far as NY for those -

footnote - it would be a GOOD reason for going to NY with my wife for Holiday shopping - she's never been there - shopping ??!!

before she met me she livied a secluded life -

Edited by rayzray

Bought a Kenwood DMC-J7R on ebay for just € 14.50 including package and shipping fees (just € 10.50 for the recorder :yahoo: ).

The unit works fine but sooner or later needs a new rechargeable battery as the supplied one plays only just over 2 hours or so. But that is not really a problem as those batteries for the Sharp MD-MS7xx series and its clones are still cheaply availabe at several ebay dealers.

post-19862-1225294080.jpg

Edited by sharpsony

I have one of those , same color .

Battery I used aq Sharp battery for the Sharp 322 - 321 series It is thinner but the same width and cut a thin piece of plywood just a little narrower than the battery

Thickness sanded , so that both JUST fit the battery compartment ,

Works good , recharges as well , The original battery is impossible to get

Very very nice stuff there Sinus. Would love to read a review on the ESW10 headphones.

Well, I never wrote a full-fledged review but all I can say is: these cans rock. They have a tight bass, realistic treble and an overall warm, sweet sound. I'm currently listening with them (my first half hour). Ok, they're small and you cannot expect them to sound like a K1000 or something. But they give you an intimate, involving experience. Isolation is close to zero but unless you don't live in some megacity you can easily take them on the streets with you - just like the ESW9s. Not suited for bikers - you get ugly wind noise. ^^

What will be my Next purchase as soon as it gets to Japan

http://www.tascam.com/products/dp-004;9,16,3707,14.html

I am not really concerned about the quality( based on a Previous Tascam experience) as much as its function , 4 Tracks , SD card , simple and quick idea catcher USB 2.0

If Tascam incorperated stuff that was discussed in the DR1 issues , then maybe the Mics will sound a little better , and the Inputs will be better . INPUT 2 of the DR1 was quite usable , so maybe that is what they did with this . 23,800 yen . out next month .

Just right ( If it sounds good that will be a BIG plus )

i-3707-17-64-0-86048B75.jpg

Edited by Guitarfxr