Two Words....WOW! (NH900)

Rate this topic

AVITWeb

Although I have yet to do any HiMD recordings on my new baby, I popped in some MDLP discs (SP2) to check out sound quality and the like, and man, let me tell you!! Sound quality is outstanding!!! The little monster had no trouble driving my MDR-7506s and only half volume, and the detail is amazing! I am glad I did it!! Now I just need to find a corner to bury myself in with some discs and just site and enjoy!

And I really do not have much of a problem with the LCD...looks clean and is very controlable and the features on this thing, especially sound adjustments ar a plenty....

Can't wait to delve in some more!

I agree that the sound quality is amazing on the NH900, I have had mine for a few days now and even listening to some songs at ATRAC3plus 64KBs seems more than adequate.

I love the menu system, it is so easy and comprehensive, navigation is a breeze thanks to the jog dial.

I have the euro-capped model and even though it is hacked I tend to set the EQ to max rather than use the surround mode, although I must admit the surround mode gives a very warm and deep sound.

I had been out of the MD game for a couple of years before my NH900 and I must admit I am once again a devotee of the format.

I agree that the sound quality is amazing on the NH900, I have had mine for a few days now and even listening to some songs at ATRAC3plus 64KBs seems more than adequate.

I love the menu system, it is so easy and comprehensive, navigation is a breeze thanks to the jog dial.

I have the euro-capped model and even though it is hacked I tend to set the EQ to max rather than use the surround mode, although I must admit the surround mode gives a very warm and deep sound.

I had been out of the MD game for a couple of years before my NH900 and I must admit I am once again a devotee of the format.

If anyone knows how to remove that cap, let us know

thanks

If you want to hear something amazing, get a pair of in-ear microphones from Sound Professionals and record something then play it back through some headphones. You'll be able to pick up exactly where the sound came from.

i see; and i think i remember now seeing them when i bought my battery box for my 505.

soooo, how do "YOU" hear anything when your ears are blocked with thes mics?!

oh; i just read that it doesn't impair you hearing; but seems to me; anything in front of the ear canal will deflect some sound.

this must be more a "Stealth" matter than i common sense matter.

it seems that if you move the muscles in you head/face; it will make noise in the recording; and that's not even if you turn your head and pull the chord.

it's really cute to see all these imaginative items; perhaps they "DO" work!