"Line Out" and battery life

Rate this question

TrueNorth

Question

I plan on using my A1000 to supply the music at an upcoming wedding. I will be using the player's "line out" into a mixer. Between cocktails and dancing after dinner, I expect to need about 9 hours of power. My questions are:

1) Provided I take all necessry measures to maximize the battery life (no screensaver, low brightness...) can I expect to get 9 hours out of it. The tracks are ATRAC3+ 256. Is using "line out" easier on the battery?

2) I thought I wouldn't have to worry about the battery if I plugged in the player using the AC wall charger while the player was in use but i seem to recall in another thread that this does nothing to recharge the battery while the player is in use? I couldn't find anything in the manual. Is this true?

Are we all doomed to an evening of "Charades" when the thing craps out at 11PM?

Thanks,

Red

Edited by TrueNorth

9 answers to this question

I´m sure you won´t get enough battery life.

In my birthday, with the NW-A1000, listening to Atrac3 64kbps, the battery died at 3AM, starting to use it at 9.30PM aprox.

Oh, the display was always on, people like to play with my walkman

Get you charger.....!!!

I´m sure you won´t get enough battery life.

In my birthday, with the NW-A1000, listening to Atrac3 64kbps, the battery died at 3AM, starting to use it at 9.30PM aprox.

Oh, the display was always on, people like to play with my walkman

Get you charger.....!!!

Indeed - presumably the mixer will be running off AC power so why not power the player from the same source.

I don't really know about Line-out, but while using regular output I can listen to my player exceeding 10hrs (a workshift for me). I start it at 4pm and put it in the charger at about 4am, and that's just half the battery gone :) I'm really satisfied with this purchase.