Hi Md Car Receiver

Rate this topic

rydman17

I wouldn't buy a whole new unit, I have the default audio unit that came with my car. I would just love the ability to play my music on my MD through the car speakers.

If there were something that would enable me to do this, then yes I would buy it.

I would just love the ability to play my music on my MD through the car speakers.

If there were something that would enable me to do this, then yes I would buy it.

Uhm, there's a million devices for this type of functionality; FM transmitters, headphone out to cassette tape adapter, possible analog in on your DIN unit, etc.

How many of you would buy one?

I would -- I currently have the Kenwood unit (which does play MDLP discs) -- I'd really love to replace this with a Hi-MD unit as I often go on longish trips and a 7 hr disc at high quality would be great.

HI-SP quality is fine BTW and it is a little better than LP2 which itself is fine for the environment inside a car.

Saves carrying and changing all those "Posey" CD's and also MD's don't Skip as well.

I'd like a "Bookshelf" unit as well -- I'm currently in the process of "getting rid of " all my CD's (around 2500 of them). I've still got some old Vinyl which I'm keeping however.

hey i was wondering if any of you know (as this could in fact lower the need for HiMD car decks) if anyone else offers audio FM transmitters (similar to that thing for the iPod). A device which plugs into the unit and broadcasts the music on a certain FM station nearby, that way you could listen to your HiMD on the radio!

EDIT: something like this: http://www.h45.com/site/cdfm.html

Edited by ROMBUSTERS

hey i was wondering if any of you know (as this could in fact lower the need for HiMD car decks) if anyone else offers audio FM transmitters (similar to that thing for the iPod). A device which plugs into the unit and broadcasts the music on a certain FM station nearby, that way you could listen to your HiMD on the radio!

EDIT: something like this: http://www.h45.com/site/cdfm.html

http://www.radioshack.com/product.asp?cata...ct%5Fid=12-2055

Basically any radio transmitter than can take 1/8" will work.

Sony has these new CD receivers: CDX-S2210, CDX-R5515X and CDX-F7715X. They can play Atrac3Plus, it is not MD but you get the format wink.gif besides the F7715x has an auxiliary input so you can plug any portable device. In fact, I have the F7700 and I plug my NH900 to the receiver almost every time I take a drive cool.gif

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-xe715nqVvCh/c...=FFBrand%7CSony

aux jack [3.5mm or rca] > tape adapter > itrip or similar fm transmitter

i just bought an itrip for my civic, the cd player is curently nonfunctional & i had a road trip to make.

pro. reasonable sound from lp2 discs, provided you can find empty band.

very light, easy to use - no on button, just plug it in & sound comes through.

uses easily replacable AAAs & gives 70 odd hours from two

con. can suffer from radio bleedthrough when on the cusp of a channel.

if you are travelling long distances you may need to change broadcast stations occasionally.

all in all its as good as any clear fm station is.

All you need to plug Hi-MD into your car if you have an Aux in on your radio is a 3.5 to 3.5mm lead.

About £2 for 3metres (IF you need that much! blink.gif )

Unit is a cheap £60 CD jobbie...

biggrin.gif

Edited by MDGB2

I have found the FM transmitters to be a weak link for MD in the car. I have made the mistake of buying 2 of them. I decided that I had had enough, I got a AIWA deck with a miniplug AUX on the front and I am in heaven. The FM transmitters sound tinny and you have to tune them constantly. I just wanted some way to listen to the shows I recorded on the way home (sometimes a few hours since I live in the middle of nowhere) and I can track the PCM files for better uploading later. I would avoid the FM transmitters but the tape deck adapter route works really well when I am in the family minivan with the MD.

Yeah - I was looking at those transmitters awhile back - glad I didn't go that route. A month ago I just remembered that my Pioneer cd deck (nothing fancy - about two years old now) had an AUX input and XM ready so I went to the local Car Toys shop and grabbed the connector to that bus port that converts to RCAs for about 10bucks and got another RCA to stereo mini at radio shack for 3 bucks which pokes out under my dash now. Now I can plug in my MD. Fantastic! I can listen to rehearsals as I drive home.

Check to see if you current deck has an AUX input ability - if so you luck out.

right now i have the sony car deck md unit, it also controls my 10 disc changer....yeah i could easily put in a plug in so i could run my hi-md, but really that's a lot of wires and stuff in my little truck, so to have a hi-md unit i could still play all my old md's and the hi-md's too.

i'm sure it is coming out, but when????? guess no one knows, yet

Unfortunately, since the MDX-C8900 (which I'm still a proud owner of!!) they haven't made a decent MD car deck since - at least, not released in Australia.

In which case, unless they make a decent successor to the MDX-C8900 (and still able to control my XDP-210EQ DSP unit), I won't be trading up to anything for sh_t! If they make a HiMD changer, then that will make things much easier for me of course.

But quite frankly, I could care less for a car HiMD unit. Get me a component deck to replace (or compliment) my JA30ES and I'll be truly happy because at least then I'll have digital out to my PC rather than trust SonicStage to accidentally destroy a precious HiMD recording of a live gig - unless that's now been sorted out with v2.3 now.

Unfortunately, since the MDX-C8900 (which I'm still a proud owner of!!) they haven't made a decent MD car deck since - at least, not released in Australia.

In which case, unless they make a decent successor to the MDX-C8900 (and still able to control my XDP-210EQ DSP unit), I won't be trading up to anything for sh_t! If they make a HiMD changer, then that will make things much easier for me of course.

But quite frankly, I could care less for a car HiMD unit. Get me a component deck to replace (or compliment) my JA30ES and I'll be truly happy because at least then I'll have digital out to my PC rather than trust SonicStage to accidentally destroy a precious HiMD recording of a live gig - unless that's now been sorted out with v2.3 now.

A changer with Hi-MD capability would be ideal to me as well. It would work very nicely with current and future Sony car decks. I also want a high quality component unit as well. It's a tough toss up for me on which one I'd rather have. I'd probably say the home deck.

There is an adapter you can buy for Sony car decks that let's you plug in other devices (such as your Hi-MD unit) through Sony's Unilink system. If no car changer shows up soon, then it's an option I might look into. If they do come up with a car changer later for Hi-MD, then this unit can be used to hook up a second changer to the same head unit.

Here's a link to Crutchfield's website about it.

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-RiMwPACj6XI/c...300&cc=01&o=&a=