First Real Life Pictures Of The RH10 And DH10P

Christopher

oooo...

lol i feel like im the only one in the theatre! Its soo late and all these new pictures! and im the only one here, and kurisu is showing the slideshow!

*eats popcorn, puts legs up on seat in front of him*

HEY KURISU! lets see them rh-910s! I'm going to buy That one! oh ya! thats sexy. hmm.. that looks a bit bulky for a MD player. Meh. its a camera too. Whos complaining? ME! *throws popcorn at the screen*

*slurp* i gotta get my free refill.

aww man... i gotta go to bed sad.gif

Edited by The_Stamp

i assume that sony'll be using a data fille with up to 100 pics per file rather than a true digital camera style interface, going by the pics. i gues this rules out flicking through himds full of pics from the card reader. pity. any word on access time per pic?

This bugs me a little. I want mp3 support. My mini disc is only like 3 months old. are the rumours of firmware upgrade pie in the sky. it all sounds to good to be true. oh well maybe theyll make the software better but I saw on the one page that theyll still be using SS. anyway so whats the deal on the rumours. I have to say, I have a VGA low res camera on my phone i dont need another one on my mini disc and the access times will be an issue. thay do look nice but i cant afford to just go buy another. so the firmware would be nice.

the RH10 it's very beautiful, and sexy, it's fantastic, but i prefere another remote.

I think the point is that you very well might not need the remote given the OLED on the unit. Hopefully they don't do something stupid and limit the funcations accessible in the menu system when you're not using the remote control.

sad.gif The DH10P makes to see my NH900 as a 10 years old MD recorder machine... btw what you need a MD/camera for?? and these new minidisc players can read MG Memories?? Edited by Tiesto

Are you trying to refer to the RM-MC40ELK? That remote is $70 USD.

-- Yes, the RM-MC40ELK, it's a good remote, I think, for this models,

I think the point is that you very well might not need the remote given the OLED on the unit. Hopefully they don't do something stupid and limit the funcations accessible in the menu system when you're not using the remote control.

-- It's Sony,

they all said wot u need a mobile phone camera for! its 4 theconvenience of having a camera when sometimes u wudnt otherwise. u watch 3rdgen with have video playback and probably bluetooth to share pics!!!

-- Yes, the RM-MC40ELK, it's a good remote, I think, for this models,

-- It's Sony,

Nah, this menu interface is much better than anything in any previous portable.

• 2 weeks later...

i'm a new member to this forum.... just wanna check with you guys if the second generation of Hi-MD will support ID3 tags of MP3 files, and whether it will support chinese input or not.

i have been using net-md (MZ-N10) till two months ago when i switch to hard disk mp3 player (Creative Zen Touch)... still prefer Sony MD... however, i have to admit that hard-disk based player interface is very user-friendly. most of the mp3 i saved into the player don't need my input of artist, title etc again! it reads chinese characters and ID3 tag perfectly!

no doubt i will switch back to Hi-MD player once these hot baby arrived in Singapore....

i'm a new member to this forum.... just wanna check with you guys if the second generation of Hi-MD will support ID3 tags of MP3 files, and whether it will support chinese input or not.

i have been using net-md (MZ-N10) till two months ago when i switch to hard disk mp3 player (Creative Zen Touch)... still prefer Sony MD... however, i have to admit that hard-disk based player interface is very user-friendly. most of the mp3 i saved into the player don't need my input of artist, title etc again! it reads chinese characters and ID3 tag perfectly!

no doubt i will switch back to Hi-MD player once these hot baby arrived in Singapore....

mp3 id3 tags: YES. but note that you gotta import them through sonicstage for them to be playable on your hi-md 2nd gen player.

Chinese: I do believe so. Can't confirm it yes, as us North Americans dont have our paws on the new gen models yet sad.gif

mp3 id3 tags: YES. but note that you gotta import them through sonicstage for them to be playable on your hi-md 2nd gen player.

Chinese: I do believe so.  Can't confirm it yes, as us North Americans dont have our paws on the new gen models yet sad.gif

cool... does it support to let us organise the song according to artist, title, genre etc like ipod?

since RH10 is also use for photo storage, is there any accesory that can allow the picture to be transfer directly from CF card, XD card... etc?

for the premium price of est. $500 USD, the DH10 only does 1.3 megapixels

at this point, its just another gimmick that sony is trying to throw at us to convince us to buy their stuff, and the rh10 is a bit on the chunky side...

ill wait for the third generation, cuz my nh1 should pull for another year or two

the reason for the 1.3 megapixels instead of the great 3+ megapixels.. was due to size limitations. that actually managed to put in 3 megapixels, the the unit was so darn thick. so they trimmed the megapixels to trim the unit size.

In this case, it is NOT a gimmick, and completely technology limitations.

• 2 weeks later...

You know what, guys, I just find the current MP3 function of Hi-MD meaningless.

Why?

Because you have to use SonicStage to upload them. Given the current computation power, what makes this process different from converting them into the SONY format? Absolutely no difference!!!

Unless SONY provides the USB load & play function for MP3's, there is no point to cheer for its MP3 compatibility at all.

It's only a business trick!

They look amazing! blink.gif  ohmy.gif  wacko.gif

but err.............KA-CHING!!! dry.gif

They must cost a fortune!!!!

• 2 months later...

hm.... does anyone know the dimensions of these new hi-md players???? sleep.gif

For the RH10: It is approximately 80.2 x 84.1 x 18.9 mm (w/h/d) *figures excluding projecting parts and controls.

For the DH10P: It is approximately 83.6 x 81.1 x 21.4 mm (w/h/d) *figures excluding projecting parts and controls.

In addition, if you are interested in the DH10P, please refer to this translation piece I have prepared regarding the interview with Sony's MZ-DH10P developers.