SonicStage 3.2 Full Installer, courtesy of MDCF.

Christopher

Today I introduce to you Sonicstage 3.2 - the full version, with Simple Burner 2, and a few other bug fixes recognized by the community to deliver the best possible Sonicstage experience. This version of Sonicstage doesn't feature the Connect music store. Throw this on a Hi-MD disc and you can now use Sonicstage anywhere, anytime.

You can access this download in our downloads section, directly available here:

http://forums.minidisc.org/downloads/details.php?file=21

Click here to register.

Registered members ONLY can access the download - registration is easy, free, and only takes under a minute.

A big thank you to Daijoubu for putting this together.

I just downloaded the stand alone. And even after my 3rd uninstall and reinstall the program (Sonic Stage or Simple Burner) will not see that my MiniDisc is plugged in at all.

Is anyone else having this problem? I had the non-stand alone 3.2 and that worked fine.

Help please.

I just downloaded the stand alone.  And even after my 3rd uninstall and reinstall the program (Sonic Stage or Simple Burner) will not see that my MiniDisc is plugged in at all. 

Is anyone else having this problem?  I had the non-stand alone 3.2 and that worked fine.

Help please. 

Since installing the Sony download of SS3.2 and installing it I have noticed that my MD does seem to be rather slow in being found by SS. Not entirely sure why, but there's plenty of stuff running in the background with this version compared to 2.3 that's for sure. If you wait longer than a few seconds you may find it does actually find it, it might take a minute or so sometimes.

Stratman wink.gif

well, i think pansypistol actually did an install at another machine...i carried the stand-alone installer on Hi-MD to work and installed it there today on a W2k SP4 system which doesn't have an internet connection. i had the same problems that SimpleBurner weren't able to find the unit though it appeared as a removable disc at explorer. maybe i just did't give enough time...also SonicStage refused to start despite of lacking "necessary files for Windows Media" ??

I did have the non stand alone installed and it worked fine but I wanted the new SimpleBurner. I think that is a swell reason to go for the gold and try to get in the new SS.

I'll have to try leaving it in for a time. I will plug it in and go out and buy my food for the week. That should do the trick.

Alright the non stand alone that I just installed did not have SimpleBurner on it.  If anyone could post a URL were a non stand alone SonicStage w/ Simple Burner is located that would kick ass.

Did you read atrain's instruction?

-->

simple burner 2 is also in the download section on it's own.

You can download Simple Burner 2 in the download section: click here

I just downloaded the stand alone. And even after my 3rd uninstall and reinstall the program (Sonic Stage or Simple Burner) will not see that my MiniDisc is plugged in at all.

Is anyone else having this problem? I had the non-stand alone 3.2 and that worked fine.

Yes. I've just dowloaded the standalone. Sonic stage does not detect my HI-MD player recorder at all. I just have transfer options relating to my cd burner.

The Mini disc player is available in Windows Explorer.

Conchuir

sorry to say this but i haven't been able to download the file (stand alone SS 3.2) i've tried 5 times and i give up i keep getting the same error message after clicking "i agree" the Error says that they can't locate the file i'm looking for or something to that extent any help would be appreciated

Alright now that the stand alone sonic stage has blessed my computer by not doing a damn thing. I have reinstalled the non stand alone and that does not work now.

When in the hell do you think sony will take the time out to make good software for a change?

Now I have no way to get music on my MD via USB.

Is anyone else having these kinds of crazy problems?

I just downloaded the stand alone.  And even after my 3rd uninstall and reinstall the program (Sonic Stage or Simple Burner) will not see that my MiniDisc is plugged in at all. 

Is anyone else having this problem?  I had the non-stand alone 3.2 and that worked fine.

Help please. 

I have the same problem. I have a MZ-NH600 HiMD walkman and a NW-E99 network walkman. When I have installed SS 3.2 I also don't see the HiMD, but the NW-E99 works fine. It may be a bug in SS 3.2 I think.

Ha! The same thing happened to me when I installed this on my second machine. Would not pick up the Nh600 or 700 in SB and SS (after I'd transfered a dozen or so albums in 132kbps - D'oh! wacko.gif ).

Least I'm not the only one.... ph34r.gif

Can't someone hack simple burner to transfer in 132kbps (LP2)? tongue.gif

Edited by MDGB2

Can't someone hack simple burner to transfer in 132kbps (LP2)?  tongue.gif

No need - open the full application. Click on CONFIG. Select NetMD as the disc format. Press the format button to format your disc. This will then allow you to choose LP2 or LP4 as the transfer mode. This will only work on first gen HI-MD units.

No need - open the full application. Click on CONFIG. Select NetMD as the disc format. Press the format button to format your disc. This will then allow you to choose LP2 or LP4 as the transfer mode. This will only work on first gen HI-MD units.

I guess the biggest issue here is that SB only allows LP2 on MD-mode discs and not on HiMD-formatted ones (while SS does)

Those who cannot seem to get thier Hi-MD identified, is it detected by windows?

Is SSScsiSV.exe (SonicStage SCSI Service) and SSAAD.exe (SonicStage Atrac Hard Disk Monitor) running in the background?

Make sure you install it using an administrator account too

Sorry, I can't be much help since I don't own any HiMD unit sad.gif

Hi, my two cents. After installing the 3.2 version, my NH-1 is not recognized. After messing a bit with the installation and the files, i think the problem is caused by the newer version of OpenMG. Using Sonic Stage 3.0 with the latest OpenMG version does NOT recognize my NH-1, using the old OpenMG version with Sonic Stage 3.0 DOES recognize it. Bad news are that you can't use Sonic Stage 3.2 with the old OpenMG version.. Yikes. I really want those unlimited uploads of my recordings.

Hi, my two cents. After installing the 3.2 version, my NH-1 is not recognized. After messing a bit with the installation and the files, i think the problem is caused by the newer version of OpenMG. Using Sonic Stage 3.0 with the latest OpenMG version does NOT recognize my NH-1, using the old OpenMG version with Sonic Stage 3.0 DOES recognize it. Bad news are that you can't use Sonic Stage 3.2 with the old OpenMG version.. Yikes. I really want those unlimited uploads of my recordings.

Maybe it's related to the checkout mode found in OpenMG? ohmy.gif

The MDCF installer use the Canadian version

Fixed! As i suspected, the problem was OpenMG 4.1 . The link though has pointed contains a different 3.2 installer wich is 100k bigger than the one i used after trying the standalone version. This one downloads OpenMG 4.2 . I just stopped the web installation after the downloads were completed and copied by hand the files stored in the temp folder. Then installed OpenMG 4.2, then Sonic Stage 3.2, and I'm done. It works perfectly, I can upload multiple times my recordings (NOT the ones already uploaded with Sonic Stage 3.0, those are deleted just as they were) and it's even faster, something like 2x, when the 3.0 was 1x. Great! Hope it works for you too.

Fixed! As i suspected, the problem was OpenMG 4.1 . The link though has pointed contains a different 3.2 installer wich is 100k bigger than the one i used after trying the standalone version. This one downloads OpenMG 4.2 . I just stopped the web installation after the downloads were completed and copied by hand the files stored in the temp folder. Then installed OpenMG 4.2, then Sonic Stage 3.2, and I'm done. It works perfectly, I can upload multiple times my recordings (NOT the ones already uploaded with Sonic Stage 3.0, those are deleted just as they were) and it's even faster, something like 2x, when the 3.0 was 1x. Great! Hope it works for you too.

can you pls upload your installers so we can download it. too? thanks! smile.gif

• 4 weeks later...

I am not clear on what SS32_MDCF.exe is. Is it an intaller that can be used offline to install the standard Sonic Stage 3.2 (i.e. the version you get direct from the Sony site) or is a special stand-alone version of Sonicstage 3.2 that does not need installing? Several posts in this topic refer to stand alone but elsewhere it is referred to as an installer.

What I am after is the former, so that if Sony stop making SS 3.2 available I can still reinstall it if I need to.

I am not clear on what SS32_MDCF.exe is. Is it an intaller that can be used offline to install the standard Sonic Stage 3.2 (i.e. the version you get direct from the Sony site) or is a special stand-alone version of Sonicstage 3.2 that does not need installing? Several posts in this topic refer to stand alone but elsewhere it is referred to as an installer.

What I am after is the former, so that if Sony stop making SS 3.2 available I can still reinstall it if I need to.

Answer to your query: the former - a standalone installer that can be used whenever you desire without further internet connection.