Rip-off?

Rate this topic

danielbb90

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone have this player?

I dunno, I would hope not. You have to be pretty cracked out to buy one. Same thing as the NH600 (not the NH600D available in the US though). The NH600 is available for less than $100 US, even in the UK right now. Buying the exact same unit except with the name "Buffalo" on it is definitely not worth an extra $159 US, LOL.

Unless it does something the NH600 doesn't which I'm not aware of; but still it'd have to be something magical to warrant that price difference!

Where the hell is the optical in?! If it's basically the same as the 600/D then the optical in should be between the USB port and the headphone jack.

(late edit) It does say Hi-MD storage, and it has a "download" button instead of REC. What the...?

post-18610-1144838159_thumb.jpg

Edited by PCManiac

Oh no optical in? So it is just like the NH600D then! But someone's saying it can playback MP3? Is that confirmed? Because let's not forget a lot of Sony devices which can't do MP3 natively still say "MP3 capable/compatible" in their literature/advertising...

Still even with MP3 this is not worth $160+ more than the NH600D.

And BeatJam? LOL. Perhaps BeatJam was competitive with SS 1.x but I highly doubt it would have anything on SS 3.4. Perhaps it's been updated as well but it's clear from its popularity (or lack thereof) that it probably hasn't moved ahead as much as SS.

Oh no optical in? So it is just like the NH600D then! But someone's saying it can playback MP3? Is that confirmed? Because let's not forget a lot of Sony devices which can't do MP3 natively still say "MP3 capable/compatible" in their literature/advertising...

Still even with MP3 this is not worth $160+ more than the NH600D.

And BeatJam? LOL. Perhaps BeatJam was competitive with SS 1.x but I highly doubt it would have anything on SS 3.4. Perhaps it's been updated as well but it's clear from its popularity (or lack thereof) that it probably hasn't moved ahead as much as SS.

it's not the same Beatjam that was a re-skinned openmg 2.2 it's a new japanese version made specific for buffalo.

I haven't found english ones yet.

I can translate the warnings on page 8.

The first one is don't listen to music and drive, otherwise you will smash your car into a post.

The spec page on 38 seems like this does indeed play mp3 files.

Too bad I can't read Japaniese! :(

Do you know if there are english ones available?

:lol: Thats REALLY good advice

Do you know if it is crampped? :huh:

Take a look at the other warnings, the pics are funny.

I have a 600d. It has very 'nice' sound. atrac format only though.

Im guessing here...

The date of the manual is 2005. I think they use the same chip as the other sony crampped players. Other than that, its got the same shell as 600d does.

Edited by netmduser