Format's demise leads to Australia facing massive Minidisc liquidation.

Christopher

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

got this response from the website:

We are still working on it. It has been delayed due to the Xmas rush and

I haven't had much time do look at it

so still hope. if the shipping gets dropped down, i might still get one. (assuming it's not already sold out, of course.)

I got my player 3 weeks ago so cheers Sefu.They have those 20Hi-MD disc Bundles but they aren´t taking international orders anymore.I would love to buy some of those Hi-MD discs so I wonder if Minidisc Australia will take anymore international orders.If not does anyone know any websites that ship to Europe that sell Hi-MD discs cheap....Chears Sefu....A great bargain...To eveyone in the Forum...Happy Xmas or Feliz Navidad....Zorionak

It's "Really hectic" they say, but I guess the ywill start International orders again after New Year. I got my 20-disc Hi-MD pack sent yesterday, but only because they missed it last time - so Int. orders aren't "really" open yet.

I got my player 3 weeks ago so cheers Sefu.They have those 20Hi-MD disc Bundles but they aren´t taking international orders anymore.I would love to buy some of those Hi-MD discs so I wonder if Minidisc Australia will take anymore international orders.If not does anyone know any websites that ship to Europe that sell Hi-MD discs cheap....Chears Sefu....A great bargain...To eveyone in the Forum...Happy Xmas or Feliz Navidad....Zorionak

I ordered a NH900 from Minidisc Canada. They have some Australian units coming in this week. Figured it would be a shorter easier trip from Canada to Rochester NY.

Val

good lead. shipping seems low, too.

no nh1s, though? or am i just blind?

Edited by m15a

hi,

i did not really search around, and finally fetched 2 Hi-MDs from Amazon.de and got it delivered FOC since i bought it with something else to enjoy the free delivery offer. the price was 6.95Euro per piece. I do think it is an okay price... not sure how cheap would be cheap though.

hope this helps.

• 2 months later...

I bought a NH-600 with a 1GB included for £60 from the offical sony centre shop in Milton Keynes, UK in April last year. I wonder if this was one of those surplus stock ones. I have to say i was wondering why there was such a discount. All i thought it was was because it had quickly been replaced by the new Hi-MD units.

Might be worth checking if they have any deals on at the moment. Whats the cheapest price people in UK have found fro the blank 1Gb discs?

Looks like this deal is pretty much dead.

eBay is filled with all these exact same bundles, all selling at double the price that Minidisc.com.au was selling them at, and all coming from Australia. Either they sold out to the locals and the locals are making a killing reselling them on ebay (likely), or Sefu decided to sell them at twice the price on eBay instead (unlikely).

Either way, someone in Australia is making quite a bit of profit from these bundles.