NetMD for Windows 7 64bit

Rate this topic

McGaggs

Did you successfully install any OTHER md devices on this machine, or was this the only one? Did you upgrade this machine from XP Win32? In either case something in the registry may be stopping you if information got copied or altered.

If there's a hardware problem, nothing left I can do except suggest you plug into a different USB connector. This stuff works.

Are you certain it didn't tell you at some point that it had installed a NetMD driver? If so you needed to do the previous suggestion about removing drivers WITH THE N910 NOT CONNECTED.

You need to be sure that there is NO sign of any NetMD, active or not, in this machine. You may even have to find every oem.inf where the drivers get copied to (in XP this is Windows\inf, a hidden directory) and go through every single one making sure there are no entries for NetMD. Also you need to go through the registry looking for the pattern

USB\VID_054C&PID_00C7

. You'll have to tell exactly everything you find there. (those three 0's are all numbers, not the letter "O").

Stephen

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi all,

I think my question will possibly bring this brilliant thread almost full circle......I also have a CMT-M333NT thoughI'm trying to use it to transfer my backlog of meticulously created "Mix MD's" to my computer running Win7, 64 bit (SP1).

Having the benefit of everyone's previous hard work in this thread, I've successfully installed SonicStage 4.3 Ultimate, release 2 () and updated the USB driver to NetMD 760 () via Device Manager.

When I now turn on the micro Hi-Fi, plug in the USB and press NET MD I have the following three entries in my Devices and Printers:

1. Net MD
  2. Sony USB COMM
  3. USB Audio CODEC

In Device Manager under Universal Serial Bus Controllers, I see two copies of Net MD.

I then open SonicStage and go to the Transfer Screen (my drop down list includes two NET MD versions). With My Library on the left and Net MD on the right, all disc information appears - Disc Name, Free Time, track Titles / Length / Recording Mode (Stereo). So far perfect!

I then highlight all the tracks on this right side of the screen and click Transfer to my Librar (either via right clicking and choosing from the list or by clicking the required arrow in the middle). From this I get the error message:

Error Report

An error occurred while transferring.

Unable to transfer the following tracks to My Library because they are recorded by Net MD or another computer.

It then lists all of the tracks - this error is the same if it's one or 15 tracks I'm trying to transfer.

The MD is not recorded in long play but the error doesn't appear to be due to a time out as it pops up almost immediately. Through SonicStage though I can click to play the MD and have full functionality (i.e. play, stop, skip). I can also play sounds from my PC back through the stereo (MP3's, YouTube etc).

Is there something I'm doing wrong? Can anyone suggest a fix? Does this function require the PCLink (& therefore WinXP via virtual machine)? Can it all be due to the fact that the MD's were created using a different player?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Regards,

BGM

Nice work - but you missed something basic. NetMD does not, will not, has not ever, allow you to transfer FROM minidisc to the PC. Except for tracks recorded on the minidisc side and transferred up with MZ-RH1 (or MZ-M200).

Do you have the CMT-M333NT install disc? (its Sony part number should be 424323712).... I have beaten the bushes for the drivers you list, to no avail. In particular I am looking for the drivers and the M-Crew install. It's on order from (indirectly) Sony, but who knows if it will ever arrive, I live in dread of the wholesaler coming back and saying "sorry, no longer in stock".

If you do, I will do almost anything to help you - many many people have asked about this unit over the years.

If you got transfer TO the md working with your Win64 set up, well done. The second NetMD device is probably a fluke of some kind, but we can chase that down if need be. Quick questions:

1. are you running virtual XP mode, and if so, did you install SonicStage to that rather than to the main W7 world?

2. is the NetMD showing up in the W64 world (as it should)? You can look at the details of the drivers.

If you have "greyed-out" NetMD drivers showing by turning on viewing of "hidden" drivers, it's actually advisable to delete them all. But that takes serious work with Device Manager and setting an environment variable in Windows, to make them visible. If you did that, then you're already head of 95% of the class......

Nice to hear from you, hope you can help us with that missing software disk (we don't need the whole thing, just a few files from it) so we can get the files posted for download.

Ahhhhhh - guess that's kinda important :mega_shok:..........

I have the CD that came with the player at home so will have a look to see which version it is when I'm back.

I'm amazed that no-one has come up with a workaround yet - even if it's a less "Sony Authorised" approach. I'm not a programmer but the fact that the PC and stereo can talk to each other and that the PC can "see" the MD drive would make me think something could be done to bypass the Sony imposed blocks either in SonicStage or via some other 3rd party application.

I'll get back to you with more information soon (let me know what driver info you need).

bgm

I have the CD that came with the player at home so will have a look to see which version it is when I'm back.

Thank you very much. We can move this to Personal Message (PM) or email, probably better there.

I'm amazed that no-one has come up with a workaround yet - even if it's a less "Sony Authorised" approach. I'm not a programmer but the fact that the PC and stereo can talk to each other and that the PC can "see" the MD drive would make me think something could be done to bypass the Sony imposed blocks either in SonicStage or via some other 3rd party application.

Not a chance. We know pretty much exactly what the hardware does and it will never support transmission of large amounts of data from the MD. Nothing artificial about it. The MZ-RH1 solves the problem, pretty much - Sony's parting gift to MD lovers. In addition there is some heavy duty encryption used in much of the software. And I mean really heavy duty.

Yes and no. If the tracks have been "liberated" by running File Conversion Tool they now are (I think and hope) equivalent to tracks that are recorded on the unit. If you transfer tracks that were always encrypted (after their transfer TO the PC) then I think they are stuck and cannot be recovered from the MD. Sony's intent was to prevent the proliferation of second generation copies by uploading of MD tracks that came from a CD which the user never actually owned.

As always in these case, Your Mileage May Vary.

Ah ok - are both short & long play recorded discs encrypted?

I assumed the block was to prevent sharing - kinda shot themselves in the foot in the battle against CD burners though!

Thanks for your help, looks like I'll have to go back to step one for uploading the discs.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My Windows 7 PC has been reading both PCM and SP discs transferring the files from my Sony RH1, together with MD discs recorded on my MZ-90.

When connecting my RH1 containing an MD recorded disc yesterday, a box appeared in Sonic Stage inviting me to download an updated driver, which I did. After that My PC was not reading MD discs.

I have now reread all of this thread and was able to reinstall the netMD760 driver - all is now well! The trick is to look at "Other Devices". in Device Manager for the yellow exclamation mark icon, right click that and then "update driver" which it will find on your PC. Once installed, NetMD will appear in USB Controllers and disappear from "Other Devices".

Presumably the netMD760 driver became corrupted on my PC.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Nice work - but you missed something basic. NetMD does not, will not, has not ever, allow you to transfer FROM minidisc to the PC. Except for tracks recorded on the minidisc side and transferred up with MZ-RH1 (or MZ-M200).

Do you have the CMT-M333NT install disc? (its Sony part number should be 424323712).... I have beaten the bushes for the drivers you list, to no avail. In particular I am looking for the drivers and the M-Crew install. It's on order from (indirectly) Sony, but who knows if it will ever arrive, I live in dread of the wholesaler coming back and saying "sorry, no longer in stock".

If you do, I will do almost anything to help you - many many people have asked about this unit over the years.

If you got transfer TO the md working with your Win64 set up, well done. The second NetMD device is probably a fluke of some kind, but we can chase that down if need be. Quick questions:

1. are you running virtual XP mode, and if so, did you install SonicStage to that rather than to the main W7 world?

2. is the NetMD showing up in the W64 world (as it should)? You can look at the details of the drivers.

If you have "greyed-out" NetMD drivers showing by turning on viewing of "hidden" drivers, it's actually advisable to delete them all. But that takes serious work with Device Manager and setting an environment variable in Windows, to make them visible. If you did that, then you're already head of 95% of the class......

Nice to hear from you, hope you can help us with that missing software disk (we don't need the whole thing, just a few files from it) so we can get the files posted for download.

Hi

I've just seen this now. But I do have the install disc? Do you still need it and any more progress been made on this?

Let me know here, or email me at "fade2black101@gmail.com" for a more swift response (just in case I forget to check back here)

• 2 weeks later...

Running Open MG to JB980 Net md in Virtual pc under win7 64bit.

Works up to a point.... will convert to atrac and checkout single tracks to JB980 but will not convert and checkout multiple tracks. This causes programmme to crash and JB980 to lock-out until switched off and on again. Also checkout defaults to LP2 recording with no way options for strereo.

Am using NETMD760.sys of 27/5/10.

Any ideas?

That driver is not needed, and not being used, the way you have it set up. That driver is for NetMD under Windows 64.What is crashing is the 32-bit driver (NETMDUSB.SYS) running under Virtual XP.

Remove all traces of Sonic Stage. Including all the oem.inf files, .sys files and .cat files generated by your previous attempt.

<REBOOT>

Install Sonic Stage in Windows. Not in the XP virtual machine.

I am looking to just get a version of NETMD to work on my Toshiba laptop running Win7 Home Prem. 64bit. Is this possible? i have read through this topic and i am not sure. Since I am a novice in some respects, having a step by step instructions would be a big help. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I am looking to just get a version of NETMD to work on my Toshiba laptop running Win7 Home Prem. 64bit. Is this possible? i have read through this topic and i am not sure. Since I am a novice in some respects, having a step by step instructions would be a big help. Thanks

By any chance can someone give me an answer to my question? I would appreciate it.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Good morning.

Just wanted to say thank you, thank you very much to all who have had to do with the publication of the NetMD drivers, to work under Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit and Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit... And also the author of the video (youtube).
After the news about the discontinuity of minidisc, has been a joy to use my MZ-RH1 without virtual machines.

Again, thank you very much to those responsible. :good:

(Automatic translation made ​​with Google Translate).

• 3 months later...

I have a 64-bit version of Windows VistaPro & haven't been able to get my MD player to work, nor SonicStage either. I keep getting a message that a driver is missing & I've downloaded it to no avail.

I don't meant to hijack the thread, but I thought my problem was similar.

Thanks

7P

All I can say is, keep trying, it works. I assume you have already downloaded the 64-bit Net MD driver. In any event you should be able to read HiMD, but it may be you have only a NetMD player, or a HiMD player with only NetMD disks.

Hmmmm, I have one of the last Hi-MD models made, as well as another that I purchased in '04 that isn't. Are you saying that unless the model is Hi-MD, it won't work with the 64-bit software? That would suck, pardon my French.

• 5 weeks later...